Nutritional balancing

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?board=2.0

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?board=2.0[/quote]

BorkBork’s post was in response to User’s request via duplicate account for a list of unofficial mods.

Oh. Then pardon my snark.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?board=2.0[/quote]

BorkBork’s post was in response to User’s request via duplicate account for a list of unofficial mods.[/quote]
BorkBork, out of respect for your apparent autism i will refrain from calling you names or reporting your post, but this is clearly not a “list of mods”.
Sure, some threads contain links to mods, but most are just discussions.

the real issue is nobody willing to work on it. talk is good, but the raws are right there

… well, some of us have tried, at least .

and this is a nechsnic that is more about encouraging self governence. people will eat better because theyare shown a nutritional statline, not because of the relatively minor inconveniences

Are you sure?
Or does the current system convince players to live unhealthier by eating statistically harmful multivitamin pills?

Does anyone know where we can scale the system to be more realistic and less FUD and marketing?

I think you misunderstand me. Im not advocating the use of vitamin pills. Im advocating that somebody go ahead and make the PRs that push this foreward. Stagnanting this will result in it obsolescence.

“Everyone but me, CHARGE!”

lol I gave it a try with adding ant meats, and any change with jsons will be done in my own mod, if only to test their suitability.

I also nominate everyone else to do all the work

If we can agree on an idea to implement, I’m willing to try and do the work. I’ve been looking for a project to try and do for the game, and this might be an interesting one. Certainly one we could due to have, at any rate.

We need penalties or boons for nutrition. They dont need to be perfect, but they do need to have some effect on the player. They must also have some basis in reality, but a gamey effect to prod the player to explore is fine.

The effects.json page in ./json should have all the vitamin effects and should be currently empty of actual effects.

I see this as a chance to punish turtling with oatmeal. Intdown, Dexdown, some kind of fatigue effect or lethargy. I wish we could json up a permamorale penalty.

Adding in a sort of test-run set of effects for vitamins in that json would be a good way to garner more granular user feedback about what is and isn’t fun - just so long as it’s clear this is the purpose of it’s inclusion, so we don’t get feedback-fallout like what happened with filthy clothing.

lol I gave it a try with adding ant meats, and any change with jsons will be done in my own mod, if only to test their suitability.
Nice, but can you also push any nutrition changes you might make on a separate branch so we don't need the entire mod?

As I said before, there should probably be insect meat because all insects have high calcium and unless it contradicts the lore there should be colonies of regular sized insects scattered across the place.
Our ancestors used sticks to draw insects out of their holes, should be easy to implement in cata. They should also be found under all rocks and boulders.

The effects.json page in ./json should have all the vitamin effects and should be currently empty of actual effects.
effects.json: [code] { "type": "effect_type", "id": "hypocalcemia", "name": [ "Hypocalcemia", "Weak bones", "Brittle bones" ], "desc": [ "A lack of calcium in your diet will make your bones progressively weaker." ], "apply_message": "Your bones are becoming more brittle.", "remove_message": "Your bones regain their usual strength.", "decay_messages": [ [ "Your calcium deficiency is nearly resolved.", "good" ], [ "Your bones become stronger as your calcium deficiency improves.", "good" ] ], "max_intensity": 3, "rating": "bad" },[/code] vitamins.json: [code] { "id": "calcium", "type": "vitamin", "name": "Calcium", "deficiency": "hypocalcemia", "min": -720, "disease": [ [ -288, -336 ], [ -337, -384 ], [ -385, -720 ] ] }, [/code] What does disease[] do? How do we use those files to scale vitamin deficiencies to a realistic (or at least non-annoying) timescale? What is the current effect of hypocalcemia? Does it already make bones weaker?

Edit:
When I tried to make this post it repeatedly said “Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links”.
But there are no external links in my post. Wtf? Is this a known problem? Forum search did not turn up any results. Should I make a thread about this?
It’s easy to circumvent, but something is broken.

New accounts can’t immediately post external links - this is a function in place to prevent spambots from posting masses of links the moment they’re created. The lack of external site links in your post does raise some concern, however. No new thread necessary, this information will be shared with the admin handling site permissions as soon as able.

I figure this is the place to put this.

MMR has Mycus Feeder. He can only eat mycus fruits. He can’t eat anything else. He can’t even drink water. And now he has a B12 deficiency.

Maybe thats the price of being an unholy abomination that shames chimera.

Chimera, fyi, is the player character’s equivalent to jabberwock.

[quote=“pisskop, post:77, topic:12197”]Maybe thats the price of being an unholy abomination that shames chimera.

Chimera, fyi, is the player character’s equivalent to jabberwock.[/quote]
You know why MMR has feathers and bug eyes? Because of YOUR stupid radioactive zombies! >:P

Seriously though, I’m not the only one with Mycus Feeder. Mycus fruits are supposed to be all a Mycus needs to live, but obviously that’s not true right now.

Can you injest purifier?

perhaps a marloss based multivitamin is in order. or purifier …

Something Something forcefeed a mound of fungus a handfull of pills, they grow and you eat the buds.