NPC's riding on the side/back of vehicles

For the wakefulness issue you can craft noise canceling headgear. It’s fairly easy to do so iirc.

Yeah, I definitely could do that, and have in the past. But I’d prefer not to have any possibility something outside the vehicle could see me. Certain hard lessons have made me cautious.

Like for example, forgetting both to draw the curtains and turn off the floodlights, so the storage batteries die in the night, disabling my defenses/preventing escape, and being awoken by a zombie hulk falcon punching me into paste.

My current character has lived almost a year now (90 day seasons), the longest yet. It is my goal for him to die of OLD AGE. I’d rather not repeat past mistakes, or allow the possibility of future ones. Which is why I sleep in an opaque chamber, have 6 lascannons set to automatic, 3 minireactors, and 1,280,000 vehicle power.

When I have more free time I’m going to do a year long 90 day survivor. But yeah. Crazy how one little mistake can get you killed when you’re otherwise untouchable.

Examine the vehicle, there’s an option in the menu for it.