NPC situation?

I accidentally found some sort of zoning menu, don’t know what it does though, wondering if it has to do with property. Since NPC’s are receiving such attention, I would bet it isn’t long now.

BTW anyway to expedite the NPC-training-you option? So far I only get it every day or so. It would be nice to pay to get up to their level instead of level by level

[quote=“bahihs, post:21, topic:7556”]I accidentally found some sort of zoning menu, don’t know what it does though, wondering if it has to do with property. Since NPC’s are receiving such attention, I would bet it isn’t long now.

BTW anyway to expedite the NPC-training-you option? So far I only get it every day or so. It would be nice to pay to get up to their level instead of level by level[/quote]

Only zoning I know of is the autopickup handler. You can designate areas–commonly your base–where autopickup won’t apply. Comes in handy to not grab your whole stash when home.

Ok, and they can “dibs” anything they pick up, and you’re ok with not being able to take it? :slight_smile:

Ok, and they can “dibs” anything they pick up, and you’re ok with not being able to take it? :)[/quote]Sure, because I can always buy it from them(though their inventory needs fixed too, right now I can’t browse all the items in their inventory). As long as they aren’t picking up stuff that I’ve claimed it’s fine. Maybe add a "discard"option for items, for stuff that you no longer want tagged as yours.

OOH! Make it like the claim system in The Walking Dead! So if someone in your group has low enough relations with you they might try to steal something of yours, in which case everyone else in the group would turn hostile towards that NPC, and ditto if you try to steal from someone and are caught.

Walking Dead is really back in business! Pretty soon we’ll want Daryl’s crossbow and Rick’s Honda in C:DDA too.
Completely unrelated, but where do I find a Mjolnir? I saw it in the debug menu but couldn’t find it anywhere else.

Wait for it to crash near a small town in the desert?

Wait for it to crash near a small town in the desert?[/quote]
I’ll look out for any homeless, blond bodybuilders wandering around nearby, too.

Wait for it to crash near a small town in the desert?[/quote]
I’ll look out for any homeless, blond bodybuilders wandering around nearby, too.[/quote]

Next to the Flaming Chunk of Steel +2. In the debug menu, where they belong.

What are those things supposed to do, by the way? And who implemented the Mjolnir?

What are those things supposed to do, by the way? And who implemented the Mjolnir?[/quote]

The flaming chunk of steel +2 is a prototype for AFAIK unimplemented flaming artifacts/weapons.

The mjolnir is the one hammer to smash them all, AKA a debug tool to test if smashing terrain broke.
(i2amroy added it when he revamped terrain smashing)

My last character died from radiation, so I’m going to wait until a property system has been implemented before starting another game with a fresh experimental, so please hurry!

You may have a long wait.

You may have a long wait.[/quote]B-but it sounds like they’re really working on it! :,(

Question: What determines which items an NPC is willing to trade with you? Your speaking skill/speech related traits and mutations, or how “threatened” they feel by you?

they do everything what i tell to do after i made some missions for them

even if i am deformed trutch teller

they do everything what i tell to do after i made some missions for them

even if i am deformed trutch teller[/quote]So I guess how “threatened” they feel towards you?

Question: do NPC’s heal? I had a situation recently where I tag-teamed with the starter NPC under static spawn option where she was the melee and I was the archer due to dreadfully low strength. It was working really well, but some cougars jumped us and we both got our legs slowly bit off and I had to leave her for dead lest they kill me too. I remember a while before that she tried to slug it out with a fat zombie and was kind of lagging behind me as we walked along, and I was wondering how I could have helped her, if it was even possible.

I guess I don’t understand how NPC’s work in general. I know they’ll switch weapons if they can based on the situation, but do they use medical items? Do they heal when you sleep? Do they passively regenerate? What about replacing their clothes when they rip? Eat food? All this would be really good to know.

As far as I know, NPC’s don’t sleep. However, if you give them medicine (medkits) they do in fact, heal themselves.

[quote=“bahihs, post:39, topic:7556”]As far as I know, NPC’s don’t sleep. However, if you give them medicine (medkits) they do in fact, heal themselves.[/quote]Do you mean First Aid Kits? It’d be nice to finally be able to have NPCs as companions and not simply walking bags of free stuff traveling merchants.