NPC melee goofing

1. Finish quest, ask for training.
  2. Monster shows up during training, don’t cancel.
  3. NPC seemingly runs out and kills the attackers… with me stuck in a training loop? It all happened in a flash.
  4. Skill not learned, NPC melee weapon spawned all over the place.
  5. ???

[quote=“Slax, post:1, topic:298”]

1. Finish quest, ask for training.
  2. Monster shows up during training, don’t cancel.
  3. NPC seemingly runs out and kills the attackers… with me stuck in a training loop? It all happened in a flash.
  4. Skill not learned, NPC melee weapon spawned all over the place.
  5. ???[/quote]
  6. Sell melee weapons.
  7. ???
  8. profit.
  1. NPCs are broken.
  1. Buy active mininuke

yah, i found a dude with an active grenade. i kept waiting for him to explode.

now that my good sir is a time honored bug its been around since the old old forums and the old forum as well

now that my good sir is a time honored bug its been around since the old old forums and the old forum as well[/quote]
Can’t it be fixed by implementing a no_NPC_Gen tag to it or something?

There is a special MI to prevent items from spawning on NPCs, it just doesn’t work very well.

I encountered a similar bug with an NPC asking me to find their dog in a house 5 map tiles away, before zombies had even spawned so it was simple in and out, the dog even ran up to me as soon as I approached the house. I bring the little furball back to its owner who thanks me, then the dog begins attacking the npc.

Also: NPCs don’t use known unarmed skills.

Trading is broken.

NPCs will give you money they don’t have and then get negative money themselves. Things get real screwy after that.

[quote=“Slax, post:11, topic:298”]Trading is broken.

NPCs will give you money they don’t have and then get negative money themselves. Things get real screwy after that.[/quote]
Money≠logic