NPC trains me in a skill they don't currently have

If I ask an NPC to train me in brawling, I think it just trains the previous skill I asked them to train me in instead, even if they don’t have that high of a level in the skill. Currently out of 2 of my 4 NPCS, one has trained me to lvl 24 swimming from asking them to teach me brawling(their skill is 2 in swimming), and the other has trained me to lvl 22 rifles from asking the same thing(theirs is lvl 6 in rifles).

I know I’ve read/experienced that NPCs are generally unfinished/buggy, so sorry if this is in the wrong place or already a known thing.

Using the launcher with tiles and current experimental on Win10.

It is a known issue, but like most current NPC issues, it’s not likely to be fixed before 0.D. This is the right place though, and it’s still probably a good idea to report bugs as you see them. You can check the github here to see known issues, though given the vast-albeit-shrinking number of them I think you can be forgiven for re-reporting a known one.

Also, don’t ask for training from NPCs until you’ve completed any quests they’ve given you, as doing so breaks their current quest. Known issue :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Solusphere, post:2, topic:14102”]It is a known issue, but like most current NPC issues, it’s not likely to be fixed before 0.D. This is the right place though, and it’s still probably a good idea to report bugs as you see them. You can check the github here to see known issues, though given the vast-albeit-shrinking number of them I think you can be forgiven for re-reporting a known one.

Also, don’t ask for training from NPCs until you’ve completed any quests they’ve given you, as doing so breaks their current quest. Known issue :P[/quote]

Ohhh I was wondering why sometimes when I went to turn in my quest they acted like I hadn’t ever gotten the quest from them, and that’s why!

I did sign up at GitHub, but haven’t gone there as much… thanks for the info and link! I’ll be sure to check there more often as it’s very informative.

The NPC training bug I have had happen before, but I think if you train the other skills besides brawling or learn it yourself somehow, they say they have no more to teach you. So I wasn’t sure until my current play through what/how it was actually happening.