Now that CBM's are planned to become alien tech, what's the plan for bionic professions?

Are those professions going to be completely removed? Untouched? Something in-between?

They’ll hopefully become late-game starts where you would start as a survivor who already made contact with the Exodii. But the exact details are still up in the air and pending a bunch of code support.

On a semi-related note will cbms still spawn in labs after the change?

it would seems to make sense that any found pre-collapse would have been taken there for study but what are the devs plans?

This actually makes more sense, as ever since the world lore was changed to not be taking place in the near future. Be it our world, or a neighboring universe version. Does kinda suck though, that I won’t be able to organically create a “Bionic Commando” start, but ah well.

I plan to remove CBMs from labs and refluff the bionic starts, probably removing some and adding some others. For example the bionic monster and failed cyborg starts would probably both represent attempts by other groups to make cyborgs using salvaged cbms.

CBMs won’t fit in labs anymore but I would like to have new places you can get them from, like an exodii storage cache that’s been overrun by zomborgs. At some point I would really like to let you volunteer to jump to an old exodii dimension and face extreme risk to help them retrieve old caches.

2 Likes

At some point I would really like to let you volunteer to jump to an old exodii dimension and face extreme risk to help them retrieve old caches.

Now that would be something I’d be game for. High Risk, high reward, and a near-guaranteed reward (In the same sense looting a police station guarantees ammo) atop that? Could be real fun.