Not-actually-a-vehicle vehicles and their limits

So I figured out that rather than hunting down an eleftric car, getting it in shape, and driving it to base only to park it with my welding rig; i could just toss down a steel frame, slap a solar panel and dtorage battery on it, and then attach my rig.

this got me thinking…as yet there are no ‘electic cable’ car parts. if i slap a line of frames down through a window/against one/etc, can i sitll have power on that far end; or do i need to add seperate panels/batteries after so far from the orignal setup?

[quote=“Sunflash, post:1, topic:6159”]So I figured out that rather than hunting down an eleftric car, getting it in shape, and driving it to base only to park it with my welding rig; i could just toss down a steel frame, slap a solar panel and dtorage battery on it, and then attach my rig.

this got me thinking…as yet there are no ‘electic cable’ car parts. if i slap a line of frames down through a window/against one/etc, can i sitll have power on that far end; or do i need to add seperate panels/batteries after so far from the orignal setup?[/quote]

You’ll still have power. Connections are implied in the frames. Be happy. :wink:

if you do that though, all you really have to worry about when it comes to your device, is the various wandering zombies deciding they would like to go through the window your running all that “cable” through and tearing your solar panels and “cable” apart.

You'll still have power. Connections are implied in the frames. Be happy. ;-)

Fantastic! :slight_smile: ty!

as for the zombies, there are ways…
Mostly jus walling stuff off but. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sunflash, post:4, topic:6159”]as for the zombies, there are ways…
Mostly jus walling stuff off but. :P[/quote]

I tried that. There’s concrete around most buildings, so you can’t build a pallisade around it. You’re forced to build simple wooden walls and doors that are easily beaten down. Eventually I got tired of waking up every night to find zombears crashing through my doors and windows after mangling my frames. YMMV, but once you clear out the zombies, animals and zombified animals start swarming in and fighting pitched battles all around your base all night, presumably drawn by your smell. And if they can’t get to you, they appear to take it out on anything breakable.

If your vehicle has no obstruction squares than zombies will just walk over them without damaging them.

They chewed on my solar panels like they were rubber squeaky toys.

They chewed on my solar panels like they were rubber squeaky toys.[/quote]
Do you have other things install that are obstructions? Minifridge? Welding rig? Quarter panels?

Two words:

stone walls

One word:

Basement.

[quote=“vache, post:10, topic:6159”]One word:

Basement.[/quote]

Yeah but then you need a generator, since you can’t go solar.

That’s not saying that a basement setup isn’t feasible. My current game, I’m living in a LMOE that I’ve rigged up with full internal lighting and powered kitchen and crafting areas. Two V- twin gasoline engines with loads of alternators and a metric pantload of large storage batteries make it possible.

Yes. I used a hot dog cart as my “seed” vehicle for the minifridge and kitchen, and stapled everything else to it.

“This is my kitchen, built from shopping carts, motorcycles, scooters, and a hot dog cart.”

Incidentally, when I blend constructions with vehicle parts, I tend to put armored boards around sensitive equipment such as solar panels or (former) window openings.

Yes. I used a hot dog cart as my “seed” vehicle for the minifridge and kitchen, and stapled everything else to it.[/quote]
Minifridge is an obstacle and the reason why the square is getting bashed by zombie.

Yeah but then you need a generator, since you can't go solar.

YMMV I suppose, but swapping storage batteries out with an above-ground solar system sounds plausible, provided you’re up there often enough for the panels to do anything. Gasoline is a less stupid dwarfy solution of course.

At any rate, merely sleeping in a basement has been good to me. Zombified critters are generally around in the morning, but at least I don’t wake up to the sound of vehicular destruction.

So on a related note, any idea how long i can chain things in a straight line before i break the build menu, or does it move ?

Uh, search the forum for the “RMCC”. :wink: (Short answer: the vehicle build window scrolls.)

Two words:

stone walls[/quote]

We can build those?

We can build those?

Might not be in the stable release yet, but it’s there. Never bothered to build one personally.

Huh, neat!

Wish the wiki stayed up to date with even just the stable release info. I keep finding things and trying to look them up and nada. :confused:

Enough to make me do it myself. :stuck_out_tongue: