Not-actually-a-vehicle vehicles and their limits

So log walls are not strong?

All walls are strong. It’s your preference.

AFAIK log walls are smashable, stone walls are not.

Wish the wiki stayed up to date with even just the stable release info.

There’s another resource that at least keeps crafting information up to date. Particularly handy when using experimental builds. http://cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/

[quote=“TurningBreeze, post:19, topic:6159”]

We can build those?

Might not be in the stable release yet, but it’s there. Never bothered to build one personally.[/quote]

Thanks, how did I miss THAT!

Press ; for toggling for… You know.

The limit would probably be around 100-120ish tiles IIRC, since that’s the point where the vehicle will be larger than the reality bubble.

You can put an entire system in a single square, with a solar panel, a battery, and a vehicle system on castors. Charge it up a bit, then store it safely in a closet. A partially charged car battery is more than powerful enough to cook a years worth of meals.

The limit would probably be around 100-120ish tiles IIRC, since that’s the point where the vehicle will be larger than the reality bubble.[/quote]

“I have built a car so large that the universe spontaneously decides parts of it don’t exist anymore when I go from one end of it to the other.”

Yes, you can do a lot with just a battery, a frame, and an appliance…

Thanks for the idea :smiley:

What differences do castors make?

Without them you can’t have Polluxes.

Sorry. More seriously, I wanna say that castors probably aren’t as strong as normal wheels, so I KINDA wanna say that they won’t support as much weight from the vehicle. That said, that may not be something that’s actually implemented, but if it isn’t, I imagine it will be eventually.

Without them you can’t have Polluxes.

Sorry. More seriously, I wanna say that castors probably aren’t as strong as normal wheels, so I KINDA wanna say that they won’t support as much weight from the vehicle. That said, that may not be something that’s actually implemented, but if it isn’t, I imagine it will be eventually.[/quote]Casters allow you to have a single tile vehicle. Normally you need 2 wheels in order to drive anywhere.

My mistake! Apologies!

I think you can still drag though. Actually do wheels help in the dragging process at all? Wheelbarrows with one lone wheel (not enough to list as having enough) and shopping carts with casters don’t seem to have much difference in how easy they are to move around.

I remember at one time they didn’t, has that been addressed?

Wheels are not currently factored into dragging, they will be at some point.
Probably whenever we add the feature where driving over road is different from driving on dirt.

Wait, so it’s not?

I’ve been under impression that on dirt it’s harder to drive, or at least, it’s harder to handbrake yourself to instant full stop instead of sending your car into a violent skid.