No way to tell you're near death during vehicle disassembly?

i started disassembling this vehicle being very hungry, slaked and well rested, suddenly i’m pulled out of the menu by death.
no warnings, no indications i was even in pain, or hungry, no clue how i busted my head, or arms very nearly, this makes no sense.

what the fuck?

what happened to warning us about this sort of thing before death takes you in the middle of undoing a screw?

I’m surprised that there were no Yes/No prompts stating that you were hurt and asking if you wanted to stop, I know there are when you’re attacked or bleeding or covered in acid. As for what happened I’d hazard a guess based on how cold it says your character is that they froze to death. Frostbite to the arms and head. More damage to the parts of the body that were less insulated by their clothing.

Edit: Maybe not getting warnings of pain with frostbite is intentional because your character has gone numb? I don’t know, never had a character freeze to death before.

Stable or experimental?

If stable then it’s expected - it’s a known bug.

It should be fixed in experimentals. At least I wasn’t able to reproduce it.

I tell you what, that is the job of a sniper if I ever saw one!
The last pop-up you never see

NPC-AI sniper? c’mon! :slight_smile: play that game more than 1 year and sniper in game i seen only one - ME.

NPC-AI sniper? c'mon! :) play that game more than 1 year and sniper in game i seen only one - ME.

They dont say the last thing you never see just for giggles.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:3, topic:13067”]Stable or experimental?

If stable then it’s expected - it’s a known bug.

It should be fixed in experimentals. At least I wasn’t able to reproduce it.[/quote]

latest experimental as of last night. #5991

[quote=“proxiehunter, post:2, topic:13067”]I’m surprised that there were no Yes/No prompts stating that you were hurt and asking if you wanted to stop, I know there are when you’re attacked or bleeding or covered in acid. As for what happened I’d hazard a guess based on how cold it says your character is that they froze to death. Frostbite to the arms and head. More damage to the parts of the body that were less insulated by their clothing.

Edit: Maybe not getting warnings of pain with frostbite is intentional because your character has gone numb? I don’t know, never had a character freeze to death before.[/quote]

yeah, that’s what surprised me too, i double checked and it was the cold that killed me, i had before gotten a few interruption messages from zeds and such as well, but that was during disassembly of a different vehicle’s parts.