Linux noob cant play SDL version

hi all.
I just started using ubuntu and have trouble playing the games with tiles.
I managed to play the GDI version with no ploblems.

when I try to compile it tells me:
“cata_tiles.cpp:13:87: fatal error: SDL/SDL_image.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.”

when I try to open “cataclysm-tiles” in the SDL version it tells me:
“error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I used these instructions:

[spoiler]Ubuntu

First, open the terminal. On Ubuntu, it is accessible under Applications / Accessories. Now, let’s install the dependencies we’ll need. It may ask you to type in your password or Y to confirm. Do it and continue.

sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev g++ git-core

This is it. Now to pull the source. You’re likely in your “home” or “root” directory in the terminal. You can use ls to list the directories and cd to move into them. Once you are where you want the source to be, type:

git clone git://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git

This’ll make a directory called Cataclysm-DDA and pull the source into it. It might take a while.

Type cd Cataclysm-DDA to move into the directory. Now type make to compile it. If it fails, try make clean.

If it works, try running the game with ./cataclysm. If that also works, you’re ready to mod.

To update the game, move into the game directory and write “git pull”. Afterwards, type make clean (which clears all object files and such) and make. There, updated!

To compile SDL version you’ll need to install:

sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev:i386

compiling command will be like make TILES=1

Run the game with ./cataclysm-tiles. It should be mentioned that SDL version sometimes runs smoother and faster. [/spoiler]

thanks for any help

Looks like you need to also do:
apt-get install libsdl-image1.2-dev

That did the Trick :wink:

thx