Night Vision Trait Not Working with Tileset Version?

I only just started using the tileset versions, and I’m using experimental builds, not the stable one.

But I noticed the Night Vision trait doesn’t seem to work on it, I can only see the typical one tiles around me and not 2.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

It has to be activated now, alas. :expressionless:

Open your mutations list with [ and hit the key assigned to Night Vision.

[quote=“AllisonW, post:2, topic:8829”]It has to be activated now, alas. :expressionless:

Open your mutations list with [ and hit the key assigned to Night Vision.[/quote]

Ah that would explain it. Thank you

Why isn’t this on by default anyway? Seems like a better feature would be for it to just stay on and be toggled off rather than the other way around. Certainly would cause a lot less confusion. I’ve seen what, 4-5 different posts about this the past few days?

IIRC, night vision mutations were changed so people with them could see external light sources. (useful for lab raiding, where you don’t want to walk into a turret room.)

I think someone learns to turn off nightvision faaaaaar before entering a lab successfully. I think it should start on?

Yeah, default to on would be great, but AFAIK we don’t actually support default on/off for mutations/bionics right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah… hmm, i don’t know how the code is, but could isntead the “Off” be On and “On” be off, so like invert their code and it would still function?

Woah… hmm, i don’t know how the code is, but could isntead the “Off” be On and “On” be off, so like invert their code and it would still function?[/quote]

Can be done.

Update: PR’d.

I think that there is no point to making the standard night vision toggelable.

Ability to toggle the night vision allows for player to see which squares are illuminated. Thus one can avoid being exposed to things like turret fire in labs.

Yeah but the standard night vision only gives one extra tile of illumination. Full night vision and and other such being toggelable is a good idea.

Nevertheless, it might help. Debug Vision doesn’t have a toggle because I considered folks using the debug menu to get it can just use the debug menu again to turn it off. Night Vision does not have that luxury, therefore it gets a toggle.