Night Vision Bug in Experimentals

So… has night vision intentionally been changed to be as good as full night vision? Because right now, picking night vision in experimentals causes you to be able to see better than if you’re wearing NV goggles… and if you mutate a NV trait (such as high night vision), your night vision actually gets worse… It’s pretty broken right now if you pick night vision and only go out at night. It makes the game super easy because you can see enemies before they even get close to you.

This is a problem for me because I used to take Night Vision as a trait in nearly every character, but now, it makes the game wayyy too easy. I like being able to see 2 squares in the dark, and I don’t like having no night vision (one square FOV). Right now, I can either choose the night vision trait which basically breaks the game, or I can have no night vision at all… and it’s annoying.

Can someone tell me how to change it back to how it was in the stable, so that night vision as a trait only lets you see one additional square in darkness, and not… like… 6?

Please? I just want to change it and be on my way, I don’t want to download a new experimental (although it would be a good thing to fix in other experimentals)

If this isn’t a bug, I want to argue for changing it back to the way it was before… full night vision from the start seems really game-breaking to me.

If I’m not mistaken, this may have something to do witg moon phase and the clearness of the sky. Does it happen always and indoors/underground?

theyve decided to budf the strongest trait in the game

thought it would balance out things more?
maybe hide how unfair early game moon is?

you got me. 3 tile radius nv1 seems fair; but it was worth it back when it was just 2.

That wasn’t an intentional buff, but we rolled with it and increased the point cost.

It should probably be nerfed to something like 3-4 tiles (zombie NV is like that).

That wasn’t an intentional buff, but we rolled with it and increased the point cost.

It should probably be nerfed to something like 3-4 tiles (zombie NV is like that).[/quote]

Would you happen to know how I could change it myself? Or is that not possible to do in the json files?

Do you know if it could be implemented into some sort of mod or something?