Night Raids are Shit?

so it appears in the latest exps night raids became more useless and dangerous than day raids
i had quick , nightvision , light step AND weak scent and zombies just fucking home in on me like some kind of heat seeking missile
is this a bug or is it intended ? because this seems like it should be a mod just like tough zeds and the others

They don’t home in just like that, unless you’re in their NV range. Or they’re one of the evolved zeds who are supposed to make night raids not ezmode.
All zeds have some NV, it’s just that most of it is something barely there, like 3 or 5 (5 is rare). Even that 5 is easily exploitable for picking off hulks with 9mm. Pop, sprint away, repeat.
Zeds with real NV (up to 15) are the leaping ones, shady ones, and their child variants.

Could be either you glowing (huge boomer bile does that), you carrying a light source and just not noticing or just bad RNG.

Shade zombies have nightvision.

Noise attracts zombies. If one attacks you, that is a sound of 8, I think.

I find with low nightvision, I run into zombies more often than not. It works quite well once you get an improved nightvision or you have NVG. Still got to be careful of some zombie types, though.

Zoms can smell a lot better now, and you cant weave in between them like in older expies. Or 0.C.

They can track your scent from farther away, and to a point being cold actually matters now.
Ducking through buildings, using sound to distract them, and even just using a flashlight work well though.

[quote=“pisskop, post:4, topic:12683”]Zoms can smell a lot better now, and you cant weave in between them like in older expies. Or 0.C.

They can track your scent from farther away, and to a point being cold actually matters now.
Ducking through buildings, using sound to distract them, and even just using a flashlight work well though.[/quote]
being cold ? mind explaining ?

You lose speed as you got cold/hot/encumbered/pained.

zombies arent that slow, in all honestly.

[quote=“pisskop, post:6, topic:12683”]You lose speed as you got cold/hot/encumbered/pained.

zombies arent that slow, in all honestly.[/quote]
oh right, that
also , i had no speed mods besides quick , so i had 110 speed , but even then tough zeds and some others caught up to me

Do you know about the sprint key?

It’s " by default (shift-apostrophe). It’ll drain stamina very quickly, but you’ll outrun almost any zed short of a hulk or feral runner.

[quote=“Solusphere, post:8, topic:12683”]Do you know about the sprint key?

It’s " by default (shift-apostrophe). It’ll drain stamina very quickly, but you’ll outrun almost any zed short of a hulk or feral runner.[/quote]
yeah , i do know about the sprint key , but still , i sprint out of a zed’s line of sight just to end up in three’s more

Best way to night raid is to flash your flashlight on one side of the building you wanna get into, and then turning it off and sprinting around it to the opposite end. All the zomzoms will crowd around where you were seen and leave you a path around the other side.

flashlights in general are full of cheese.

should make turning one off take 50mp

i do not have issues with stealth even with strong scent, except nightstalkers they are worse than hulks during night raids

i suggest to turn off your nv from time to time because you cant hear shady zombies if you see tile where they stand

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:12, topic:12683”]i do not have issues with stealth even with strong scent, except nightstalkers they are worse than hulks during night raids

i suggest to turn off your nv from time to time because you cant hear shady zombies if you see tile where they stand[/quote]

Yeah, shady zombies are the reason I can’t play with my spawn rates cranked up anymore. On 5x spawn you don’t know that you’re surrounded until they’re on top of you and there isn’t enough stamina in the world to fight your way out through the huge mob of them.