New Website Launched, Kickstarter Announced!

You don’t need a credit card to use Amazon, it can be hooked up the same way Paypal does, to a bank account.

It didn’t accept Maestro Card last I tried.

Amazon’s pretty problematic when it comes to card payment. Might have to contact your bank.

I think it just doesn’t support debit cards outside the US. Neither did PayPal until a few months ago.

Paypal’s accepted debits outside the US for more than a couple months. I’ve had mine hooked up for - wait. Canada is different than overseas countries, I redact my statement.

My issues came with having to put in checking account numbers when I had a savings account pff. I’m still not sure what wizardry I pulled to get it to work with Paypal, but I never actually contacted my bank.

I got the e-mail from Maestro Card support 12. November last year.

Hook it up directly to your checking account.

No luck, it says my card number is wrong.

If Amazon really isn’t working for you, don’t worry too much. IF we hit our target, we’ll probably do the standard Indiegogo followup for those who can’t/don’t want to use Amazon, and try to reach some more stretch goals. If we don’t make our target, it’s unlikely you would have been able to change that.

I live in the UK and have had a debit card linked to paypal for about a year now.

so i take it that you guys wont add features until you get paid right?

If you are talking about stretch goals and whatnot, then yeah, those might take a while.

If you are just referring to normal old features being added, then heck no! I personally plan to keep adding stuff, and besides, only one of us will really be getting any money anyways (the kickstarter just plans to allow him to work full time on it, the rest of us will still be volunteering ours :P).

people who can help will still give our time in making a great game more awesome than Bacon yes I it said more awesome than Bacon.

The only one getting paid from this will be literally on the computer/forums/github for long hours working on bugs,performance issues, and other additions on an advanced level that makes your head hurt :slight_smile:

No, we plan on adding the features eventually - it just means they might well end up taking years (or repeatedly getting pushed back in favour of low hanging fruit) instead of months. If we don’t raise the money (and only one of the contributors will end up being paid, the rest will continue working for free) it means they might get included eventually instead of definitely getting included this year.

what is your target sum with kickstarter?

Hey - I backed the kickstarter and found out something interesting regarding payment.

If on Amazon.ca, you will only find ‘add a credit card’ for payment options. Amazon.com the wording is ‘add a credit or debit card’.

I have unfounded concerns my backing is somehow not going to get processed when the time comes, because I’ve had sleeping problems for two days in a row and apparently 40 hours and me is a weird place to wind up.

But yeah, for those looking to use debit and amazon, make sure to use the .com one. Not sure what’s up with Canadaland’s version there.