New way of indicating quantities not user friendly?

Recently, the way the game indicates quantities changed from this

Aka item name (charges) x amount of items

to this:

Aka amount of items item name (charges)

Personally, I think it was a change for the worse, as I could easily spot duplicate items in my inventory before; but under the new system, i am forced to read every single entry of my inventory to actually check for and drop duplicate items, which gets pretty horrible if you are carrying lot of medicines and tools around. I was wondering if anyone else had problems this new way of displaying the inventory.

Obviously it’s not going to be what you want to hear, but I like the new way it’s displayed so much better.

I agree with John on this one. i prefer seeing the Item (quantity) x (amount of items) much easier to see and read at a glance.

I also prefer the suffix version over the prefix version, sounds like a great thing to put into the options menu to me.

I like x50 better than 1 (item).

I like them both, I would probably improve the new output padding the numbers to three spaces.

1 knife
 20 aspirins
500 sewing kits (100)

I kinda liked the previous method better but maybe I just need to get used to the new one.

I like the previous method, it’s just cleaner as it tells you what you have then how much, then how many.

old is better

This sounds like a good candidate for an option in the menu. Is there any reason that it can’t be both ways?

Personally, I’ll be using the old system, but if ppl want the new system then that should be an option.

Right now i’m biased towards the old syntax. But that’s probably only because everything is aligned neatly.

I agree with Sheco that padding the entries would make the whole thing more ergonomic to the eyes.

[quote=“Sir Scarfalot, post:10, topic:5942”]This sounds like a good candidate for an option in the menu. Is there any reason that it can’t be both ways?

Personally, I’ll be using the old system, but if ppl want the new system then that should be an option.[/quote]

That’s a good idea.