New Trait Idea, Hypoglycemia / New Trait Ideas Thread

" torso health reduced to 1 point."

Never heard of a heart attack comparable to a Jabby falling over your torso. :I

Heart attacks… Are really fucking terrible.

They are.

But i think HP would be only for actual bruises and cuts, and i don’t think a heart attack does you that.

Off the top of my head, I think it’s “hemophagia”…
Google says… nope, that means eating blood, I should have known that. :confused:
Yahoo answers says “hematolagnia” or “haemotolangia”

If heart attacks become a threat in the game im making my character vegetarian as I am in real life :slight_smile:

We’ve already got at least one method of giving yourself a heart attack. I’ll leave it to y’all to figure out how.

Uh oh time to eat those veggies :smiley:

I’ve proposed a few more starting traits in the irc channel.

Diabetic: You need a shot of insulin once per day in order to survive because your body doesn’t produce enough of it. If you eat anything other than vegetables when you aren’t taking insulin, you suffer nervous system (head) damage. Fortunately, a method of long-term preservation has been developed for insulin.

Kidney failure: You need to spend 12 hours per week on a dialysis machine or else you suffer nervous system (head) damage. Alternatively, you can search for some rarely seen wearable dialysis machines, which are fragile, cumbersome on the torso, and require batteries.

Kidney stone former: When your health is low and you are thirsty for long periods of time, you may get kidney stones. This results in pain. Kidney stones can be removed through ultrasound machines.

Diabetes Simulator 2014
Let the blood bath test begin.

Uh oh time to eat those veggies :D[/quote]

Nah, it’s not cholesterol–we don’t track diet & exercise. There are a few routes to the insta-kill of a DDA heart attack. Use things in moderation and you’ll be fine.

A few more, following a supernatural setting this time.

Psychic link: Works like a 2-way radio, but only with the 2% of NPCs who also have a psychic link. Also lets you sense an NPC’s emotional state to see the NPC’s trust and aggression to a low level of granularity.

Nightmares: Sometimes wakes you up at night, screaming and alerting the zombies to your location.

Out of body experience dreams: You can decide if you want to wake yourself up when the zombie horde approaches you.

[quote=“bugsniper, post:31, topic:5983”]A few more, following a supernatural setting this time.

Psychic link: Works like a 2-way radio, but only with the 2% of NPCs who also have a psychic link. Also lets you sense an NPC’s emotional state to see the NPC’s trust and aggression to a low level of granularity.

Nightmares: Sometimes wakes you up at night, screaming and alerting the zombies to your location.

Out of body experience dreams: You can decide if you want to wake yourself up when the zombie horde approaches you.[/quote]

Absolutely love the idea of nightmares, but what do you mean by out of body experience? are you walking around and you can view things while your dreaming or is it just you can wake up whenever, cuz you can already do that

It means that at night, you can wake up if you sense the horde coming near you so that you can run away before they find you.

I would make hordes make noise that can wake you up while you sleep to add a little bit of a downside to the heavy sleeper/poor hearing traits, since those two have few real downsides right now.

I guess that would make sense.

And now, for a couple of driving-related traits:

Dystychiphobia, the fear of accidents: You suffer morale penalties whenever you drive off the road or on the wrong side of the road.

Motion sickness: Causes you to become dizzy and fumble more when driving, and causes you to occasionally vomit when driving.

motion sickness is usually the best if you are the driver of a vehicle, maybe slooowly make you nauseous.

Trypanophobia: Cannot inject flu shots, serum, or any drug that requires a syringe, and cannot receive stem cell treatment. Being attacked by enemies with stingers (giant wasps etc) causes twice as much pain and a morale loss from fear.

Okay… so you can wake up whenever you want? you can already do that by pressing 5 cant you?

Okay… so you can wake up whenever you want? you can already do that by pressing 5 cant you?[/quote]

Nope.

Perhaps we can also add some religious traits. Like if you’re Jewish, then spam, meat pizza, and meat coming from animals other than cows and birds causes morale penalties. Wine and foods coming from a (not yet implemented) kosher cookbook give morale bonuses, especially during certain holidays. Predetermined fast days, announced in advance, give morale penalties for eating. If you’d rather call this a profession, it can be that of a rabbi.