New Option - Consistent Time Flow

Every time I make a new character on a world I’ve already played on, I’d like to be able to start at the time of the last character’s death. I find it really off-putting (on the rare occasion I use one world multiple times) that I start on day __ of season ___ of year ___(as set in options), despite the world having changed a year’s worth before the last character died to a horde of zombie bears.
It’s a personal preference I guess, but it seems like an easy addition, my deepest apologies if this has already been suggested somewhere and I’ve just broken 3 forum rules by posting this, I didn’t find a thread on it already :S

Could be doable.
Could, because I’m not sure where I’d put it for it to make sense code-wise (in master.sav?).
And it would probably be wonky with more than one character in the same world, but I don’t think that one is really a concern, as multiple characters in same world are wonky anyway.

I also noticed that when I start a new character in a previous world, any npcs I find that followed me follow this new character.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:10691”]Could be doable.
Could, because I’m not sure where I’d put it for it to make sense code-wise (in master.sav?).
And it would probably be wonky with more than one character in the same world, but I don’t think that one is really a concern, as multiple characters in same world are wonky anyway.[/quote]
Honestly all it should do for now is bookmark the time of death and start any new characters at that time.

Of course. But when it comes to implementing anything, it’s almost universally easier said than done.

Of course. But when it comes to implementing anything, it’s almost universally easier said than done.[/quote]

And this applies x100 when it has anything to do with the passage of time in-game…