Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

So basically one-way vehicle tiles, or tiles that can have edge blocking but not full obstacle status.

Fucking hell that would be nifty.

The ability to sort the worn clothing items into categories in the inventory view:
(IDK how to get this into an precise format, so…)

WEAPON:
++ crowbar
ITEMS WORN:
[TORSO] ++ suit (fits)
++ utility vest (fits)
++ MBR vest (empty) (fits)
[HEAD] ++ cotton hat (fits)
++ mining helmet
[EYES] ++ pair of safety glasses
[MOUTH] ++ knit scarf
|| knit scarf
[L. ARM] ++ suit (fits)
[R. ARM] ++ suit (fits)
[L. HAND] ++ pair of leather gloves (fits)
[R. HAND] ++ pair of leather gloves (fits)
[L. LEG] ++ suit (fits)
[R. LEG] ++ suit (fits)
[L. FOOT] || pair of socks (fits)
++ pair of socks (fits)
++ pair of combat boots (fits)
[R. FOOT] || pair of socks (fits)
++ pair of socks (fits)
++ pair of combat boots (fits)

A sort of constructible vent/ladder down where you can dump items and send them a z-level below. Was fiddling around with fertilizer bombs on basements and the explosion would sometimes create open air tiles on the z-level above the basement. Dropping from there transfers them down, so I was thinking making a construction where you can do just that without accidentally falling into a hole, and safely drop glass items would be nice.

Ability to switch/upgrade vehicle trunks with cargo carriers without having to move all the items out/back. Add time dynamically to replacement/upgrade procedure based on the volume of the items in the trunk. up to an hour, or maybe 6 seconds per item, or 6 seconds per 1 volume.

If the player is interrupted and he chooses to abort the procedure, it should be reset and would have to be restarted from the beginning, leaving the old trunk in place and the items unmoved.

“Repair all” option for vehicle repairs.

• The character starts performing repairs, starting with the parts in worst condition that he is able to repair, until canceled, or until repair supplies run out.
  • If the player gains a level during the repairs, a new skill check round is performed to update the list of repairable parts.

You can keep spamming R and it will go to the most damaged part each time… Or rather, you could. It was sometimes aggravating when you needed another skill level…

So, the heavy leather gauntlets (a misleading name as they are apparently finger-less) got “fixed” but… there is still no bracers (That I have seen, still have yet to progress far into the game). I don’t think many archers would shoot without some form of protection from the bowstring, especially if they expected to be shooting in less-than-ideal conditions without SOMETHING to protect them. In New England area, where it is cold most of the time, most of the year that can be covered by decently layered clothing and/or arm warmers. (I think) But I would imagine based on what I hear of the summer that most players have bare arms in the summer.

Has this been gotten to yet? If not is there anything that provides protection for arms for minimal warmth “penalty”?

Edit: also, drop crafting time for blindfold down to 1 minute… less if possible. You could literally tie a blindfold blindfolded in less than a minute. Unless this is some sort of special blindfold tying or something? Its just tying a bandanna. Is the current 3 minute crafting time for digging around in the bag to find it or something…?

Edit Edit: Heard somewhere that vol 1 was equivalent to an apple… why is cell phone 2 vol?

Also make volume more granular.

Shift + arrow keys on overmap = move cursor 10 tiles, giving the option to scroll overmap faster.

shift + arrow keys is not a keybindable combo, but something equivalent would be nice. Also make pg Up pg Dn editable keybindings, so wee poor laptop folk needent suffer in the menus

• Ability to pull apart ammunition en masse, instead of just one “portion” or batch at a time. Maybe prompt if the player wants to dismantle the entire stack, or prompt how many rounds to dismantle. For example: “You are carrying 200 rounds of this type. Pull apart how many?”

There are many many items with inconsistent volumes and weights. For example, broken manhacks weigh far more than intact ones.

Orchard variants of farms, dwarf fruit trees to go with them, and cider presses.

I think I may have mentioned this a while back, but I really think that the Bow hunter should have the option to choose between a compound bow and a crossbow at character creation. I for one totally prefer the crossbow as my silent ranged weapon, and the fact that it has an underbarrel slot for masterkey shotgun/bayonet/flame thrower/etc totally offsets the slower load/fire time.

I hate the fact that there’s no way to start with a crossbow…Aside from one of the ambushed survivor starts i mean.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:2764, topic:5570”]Ability to switch/upgrade vehicle trunks with cargo carriers without having to move all the items out/back. Add time dynamically to replacement/upgrade procedure based on the volume of the items in the trunk. up to an hour, or maybe 6 seconds per item, or 6 seconds per 1 volume.

If the player is interrupted and he chooses to abort the procedure, it should be reset and would have to be restarted from the beginning, leaving the old trunk in place and the items unmoved.[/quote]

Loving this. moving all your items manually is a micro-managing pain in the ass.

“dead-shot” trait for improving hit chance in ranged combat past 5 tiles. lowers hit chance with ranged weapon within 5 tiles.

Inspired by the line from “Remember The Titans”;

“you can throw it a mile, but you can’t pass it 5 yards.”

Loot spavn rate degradation.
The New England full of surivors, ad they will loot the cites. So, it’s logical that the loot sawn rate will decrease to show that, in the end of season loot spawn will divide by 2. I hope that the divider will be customizable.
This innovation in the game will force gamers to take more risk in early game and save value of many items in the late-game, increasing challenge.
Sorry for my language, i’m not an English speaker(
And i have a question to amin of this tread - if i have many ideas, should i make big post with them or better make many posts, each for single idea?

A way to attach suppressors to guns npcs are already wielding or make them take suppressed guns over current guns if the “choose silent weapons” option is enabled.

[quote=“KillyDigimortal, post:2775, topic:5570”]Loot spavn rate degradation.
The New England full of surivors, ad they will loot the cites. So, it’s logical that the loot sawn rate will decrease to show that, in the end of season loot spawn will divide by 2. I hope that the divider will be customizable.
This innovation in the game will force gamers to take more risk in early game and save value of many items in the late-game, increasing challenge.[/quote]
Oh man, this might be better in its own thread. Not a small conversation topic, in my opinion. Totally welcome as long as it’d be an option and not forced. I already see several issues that would have to be addressed.

Not an admin or a moderator but I would imagine it’s best to keep the simplest stuff here and start a new thread for each not-so-simple idea. If you have a hundred small things in mind, put them in one post here maybe? Make a neat numbered list or something.

For whatever reason, that image isn’t showing right. ;w;

What’s the problem? Although it’s a butcherjob done in Paint. Lines and letter are not perfectly aligned. It’s a PNG image… I’ll switch it to JPG…