Needful things part 2

Floran likess bacon meatsss. Floran want bacon makersss. Bacon generatorsss maybe? Floran not undersssstand how generator worksssss, but floran like generator. Floran alsssso like to stab thingssss, more stabby thingsss should be added. Never too much thingsss to sstab.

1. This was not off topic, as I would indeed like a magical device that generates infinite bacon.
  2. Just so you know, this was not of topic.
  3. I’d also like an immense amount of stabby weaponry, unless I have missed a bunch of it in the crafting menu I haven’t seen a whole. I said that earlier, thus this was not off topic.
  4. If you really insist it was off topic, then I guess so and remove. That would be inaccurate, but I’m not going to try and help you ‘see the light’ since that would be off topic.
3 Likes

Thanks for reminding me that the SKS uses a speedloader @DeWolf

This clip for the SKS should be added to the game:

{
    "id": "762_m43_clip",
    "type": "MAGAZINE",
    "name": "rifle clip - 7.62x39mm",
    "//": "Provisional.",
    "description": "A small crimped and folded piece of sheet metal designed to quickly load the internal magazine of a rifle.",
    "weight": 60,
    "volume": "100ml",
    "price": 1000,
    "material": "steel",
    "symbol": "#",
    "color": "light_gray",
    "ammo_type": "762",
    "capacity": 10,
    "flags": [ "SPEEDLOADER" ]
  }

It can be added to the SKS by adding the following entry to the SKS’s entry:

"magazines": [ [ "762", [ "762_m43_clip" ] ] ]

The reinforced vending machine only drops glass when broken into; this should be changed to heavy steel armor, concrete debris or reinforced glass debris. It should also have a unique broken form different from the ordinary vending machine.

EDIT: the standard vending machines need electric guts and plastic.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Lars Andersen style archery

10 posts were split to a new topic: Poisoning zombies

Poison arrow can be used against NPCs.

Its about time to convert the crucible tool entries in recipes into tool qualities.

1 Like

We can make deployable chairs now.

1 Like

The player really needs the ability to control automatic fire if they have skill. Preventing automatic fire targeting the ground and shooting dead enemies is bad.

3 Likes

How about an option to ignore all warnings about errors when starting a game? I run a lot of mods and the errors aren’t game breaking so I don’t really care. Be good for QoL.

You can press I to ignore a specific error message, but there isn’t any general system for disabling them that I know of.

The Medieval and Historical content pack needs a Balearic slinger profession.

Cows should spawn on the ranch area. Because I wanna try Stardew: Dark Days Ahead.

3 Likes

Here’s a weird one, but I want to be able to cannibalize integral mods on some guns (probably destroying the firearm in the process) to put them on other compatible firearms. I’d love to be able to use that Sight that the Rivtech Scout Rifle has on other guns, as well as cannibalize those Leadworks guns for their special modifications.

Naturally, this should require a very high skill in Mechanics, since you’re taking apart entire weapons and putting their parts on other weapons. That’s not against the rules, right?

1 Like

-I press ‘I’ a bunch of the time, that doesn’t mean the game cares about me doing so :neutral_face:
-We also need a faction called the Great Raccoon Army. Why, you might ask? BECAUSE REASONS! And because it sounds amusing. That too.

I’d suggest nerfing mutant NPCs, there are ridiculously powerful hulking HUGE, xtra strong with talons, horns and hooves NPCs that mutilate anything in your path, and all they require to recruit is some social skills.

I’d suggest making them exclusively aggressive bandits post-threshold to counter this for more bestial powerful NPCs, but this could probably end a pretty high end character easily.

I thinks it’s easiness of recruit that’s need nerfing, should be a much, much harder to train speech and to recruit, not NPCs themselves.

And maybe “stronger” NPC should be significantly harder to recruit on top of that. The logic is the following: being recruited by the player means agreeing to taking order from someone else. A powerful NPC wouldn’t have much motivation to do it - since he/she has good chance to survive on his own. The main potential motivation would be “friendship”. Weak NPCs on the other hand might look for protection from stronger player character or want to team up with an equally capable survivor which would translate in lower requirements (but still should not be easy).
In short: add a hidden “power level” stat for each NPC and make it a factor in recruitment chances calculations. How to calculate this “power level” is another problem but it’s not impossible. Base stats, skills, positive traits, positive mutations, working bionics would all add to the “power score”. Bad mutations, traits or faulty bionics would lower it. It doesn’t have to be precise.

The end result would be that getting weak, relatively less useful npcs to work for the player would be easier than making someone really strong and useful to do the same.

1 Like

We need a way to “sheath” our quarterstaves please for i want to be donnatelo the looter ninja wannabe.

Im aware that this is a mod related thing but please i want working auto loading ammo racks for vehicles, because you know how tedious it is to brake your car every time you want to reload the damn slingshot cannon.

I don’t think we should nerf powerful NPCs especially end game when you get access to the survivor crank rifle, an ammoless auto laser rifle, and have the skills to kill them untouched in melee.

The crank laser rifle is from Cataclysm++, which is pretty badly balanced. I don’t think that’s a good thing to include in any vanilla balance discussion.

1 Like

With few exceptions home improvement superstore hasn’t been updated to include several new construction tools and doesn’t spawn as much raw materials as it should. Raw materials such as bricks and 2x4s should spawn in huge stacks there.

2 Likes