My impressions of 10 in game days in 0.A 754-gfe9f202

I spent ten (in game) days carving out a niche in a town in 0.A 754-gfe9f202 console, and here’s the wierd things I’ve seen.

1. Zombears spawn dynamically in static mode. So I guess they’re wildlife?
  2. Already noted in another thread, canned meat rots.
  3. Fed two dogs dog food immediately together i.e. they were both adjacent to me and I fed one, then the other. The result was two dogs fighting until one died.
  4. Spiked pit made with pointy sticks, a Z fell in and broke a stick, result, a pit with 3 wooden spears (fire hardened?) which cannot be used in reconstructing the pit.
  5. I took a job from an NPC to find a religious item. Returned with a Quran and a Book of Subgenius. Raided a church and found nothing save a candlestick, some clothes, and a full toilet. Nothing useful to the quest?

other than that everything seems pretty good. I got a cold on day 2 and it took until day 7 to recover. Most food spoils unrealistically fast, and I eat like a teenage athlete. So there’s my complaints. Finding enough to eat and drink takes up way more of my time than killing zombies, except zombears because they are everywhere. At least they’re about as slow as a zombie. #1 most important skill in the apocalypse is apparently tailoring, #2 cooking.

That’s my thoughts right now.

The game is great, I hope some of this helps

[quote=“nonymous, post:1, topic:5475”]I spent ten (in game) days carving out a niche in a town in 0.A 754-gfe9f202 console, and here’s the wierd things I’ve seen.

1. Zombears spawn dynamically in static mode. So I guess they’re wildlife?

2. Already noted in another thread, canned meat rots.

3. Fed two dogs dog food immediately together i.e. they were both adjacent to me and I fed one, then the other. The result was two dogs fighting until one died.

4. Spiked pit made with pointy sticks, a Z fell in and broke a stick, result, a pit with 3 wooden spears (fire hardened?) which cannot be used in reconstructing the pit.

5. I took a job from an NPC to find a religious item. Returned with a Quran and a Book of Subgenius. Raided a church and found nothing save a candlestick, some clothes, and a full toilet. Nothing useful to the quest?[/quote]

6. Static spawn only effects the Z’s spawned in the cities and other locations. There are still a few places (like animals) where spawns are dynamic.

7. Known bug. (there are over 600 issues in the tracker, sadly there isn’t the time to fix everything).

8. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/6723

9. Due to how the construction/crafting system works it doesn’t keep track of all the different items going into an item. So you can get inconsistent results at times. But will make a PR to change the output to pointy sticks. So you cannot ‘cheat’ yourself into spears.

10. No idea. Will have to test that one. Annoying. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/6724

(not much to say about the food thing, but I think that is how it works irl, food, water, and healing are more important than combat skills).

Thanks for liking and reporting!

Apparantly you are looking for a small relic object. For the quest, you can find it in churches. Not sure if you need a specific one or if any will do.

Edit: Any will do. Will update the quest a bit to make it more clear what he is looking for. (done: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6731 ).

This pleases me.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:3, topic:5475”]Apparantly you are looking for a small relic object. For the quest, you can find it in churches. Not sure if you need a specific one or if any will do.

Edit: Any will do. Will update the quest a bit to make it more clear what he is looking for. (done: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6731 ).[/quote]

Pretty confident that “small relic” only spawns in Cathedral basements, but yeah, all “small relic” items are the same.

haha i almost enjoy reading stories and quirky emergent features more than i enjoy playing

the quran thing is hilarious… i never really do NPC quests, but ive been playing with them a lot recently

Downloaded curses build 1184 (Revision: 18e48c9dda3487147fdb8e3134d499009c1b2362) (because grafic version crashed on startup).

All seems to be pretty good, but one thing bother me a little. I’ve encountered Mi-Go in the wilderness. Arent they supposed to be in the labs ? Or I stumbled near portal without noticing it…

You can sometimes find them near dead soldiers or scientists.

Doesnt cataclysm time go like…7X as fast though? So you spend a day welding a car instead of a week. Meaning you get hungry 7x faster…etc?

(maybe im wrong, I remember reading it in a thread somewhere)

hmmm idk about that… but i always thought you should be able to salt and smoke meat to preserve it for long periods., and especially in the winter when its so cold just leave it outside

You can already do all of those things.

thats what i figured, ive never done it though, so i cant speak for how much longer it stays fresh