So I finally got time to try out v0.9

I’m a few (real-life) days into it now, the new recipes are a blast, bringing self-sufficiency to a completely new level.

First thing I noticed, though: there are a lot of new critters!
Prolonged crafting/welding/reading became a complete pain if you’re not huddled somewhere underground or in a garage. I mean, if I try to craft in the open (or read by a window) it turns into “Monster spotted! Stop crafting?” x9000 pretty fast. Worse, the critters are only semi-aggressive – they may hit me once and then run so I have to chase them around to kill them, lest they harass me to no end.

I eventually came to ignore warnings and just always hit “n”. Then a zombear shows up.
Fun times.

[quote=“Murphy, post:1, topic:4144”]First thing I noticed, though: there are a lot of new critters!
Prolonged crafting/welding/reading became a complete pain if you’re not huddled somewhere underground or in a garage. I mean, if I try to craft in the open (or read by a window) it turns into “Monster spotted! Stop crafting?” x9000 pretty fast. Worse, the critters are only semi-aggressive – they may hit me once and then run so I have to chase them around to kill them, lest they harass me to no end.

I eventually came to ignore warnings and just always hit “n”. Then a zombear shows up.
Fun times.[/quote]

I agree this can get annoying pretty fast, especially with tracking dogs or rattlesnakes.

My solution was to give a dog dog-food (Because we can make that now!) and my faithful guard dog deters most disturbances, zombears notwithstanding. As a side effect I have a lot of meat or some inexplicable reason…
Also setting your safe-zone distance to ~5 might help that way you only get messages when they actually get close.