Multiple issues with latest Windows SDL/TILES version

Version 0.B
SDL
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I’m a complete newb to this game and already love it. I have noticed the following bugs:

If I choose the mall cop scenario I end up seeing this message durring world creation:
DEBUG: Could not find starting overmap terrain mall_a_12
DEBUG: Could not find starting place for character

At other times I have seen debug messages stating that NPCs failed to reload.

and apparently stormy weather makes it to dark to craft or read…

g0dl3ss

Long-standing issue: mapgen can’t always find a place to put the 9x9 map tile Mall on the starting overmap, so sometimes there isn’t one. Currently the best workaround is to reset the world (and if you’re on stable 0.B, you’ll need to make sure Classic Zombies isn’t enabled, as malls weren’t considered compatible with that option–fixed in experimentals) and try again.

You can make a template by hitting ! on the final chargen screen, if that helps.

And welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I did have classic zombies on. Does the Mundane Zombies mod have that effect as well?

Classic is a hardcoded option and touches both critter spawns and mapgen; Mundane, being a mod, is a JSON blacklist, so no, it just stops critters from spawning, rather than affecting mapgen.

Classic is a hardcoded option and touches both critter spawns and mapgen; Mundane, being a mod, is a JSON blacklist, so no, it just stops critters from spawning, rather than affecting mapgen.[/quote]

I think you may be mistaken. I have now built multiple worlds with only the Mundane mod, and every other setting left at the defaults, and not seen a mall once. I then tried without the mod and got a mall. Not complaining, just not sure if that is the intended behavior.

Classic is a hardcoded option and touches both critter spawns and mapgen; Mundane, being a mod, is a JSON blacklist, so no, it just stops critters from spawning, rather than affecting mapgen.[/quote]

I think you may be mistaken. I have now built multiple worlds with only the Mundane mod, and every other setting left at the defaults, and not seen a mall once. I then tried without the mod and got a mall. Not complaining, just not sure if that is the intended behavior.[/quote]

If so, that’s a bug. Thanks.