More Shotgun Shell Variety

Alright, this is actually going to start more off as a suggestion thread for the moment, while I try to drum up interest. Right now I want to add a huge variety of more shotgun ammo types to Cataclysm, either as a mod, or as a mainline PR on the github. This mod aims to provide a huge variety of alternate shotgun rounds, ranging from the Hilariously stupid 12 Gauge ‘Skittles shot’, to the devastating “Battery Slugs”. These are inspired by the Taufledermaus channel, and their wacky experiments on kustomized shotgun ammo

https://www.youtube.com/user/taofledermaus/videos

As of right now, I currently have the following on my drawing board. The vast majority of these will be “Survivor Teknolugy”, as in they require a very high fabrication skill, and a little inspiration from reading rare books that I’ll add to provide the recipes. Some will obviously be very high-level shennanigans, like Fission Slugs, so you have a hilariously overkill and possibly suicidal use for plutonium batteries.

Skittles Shot: Uses Hard Candy, medium damage, low penetration, ultra-light. Taste the rainbow motherfucker
Battery Slugs: A shorter range slug that has higher damage and penetration than standard slugs, also extremely heavy.
Ball and Chain: Very low dispersion buckshot, made in bulk using actual chains.
Buck and Ball:
Rocket Shot: Uses Rocket Candy to make more effective incendiary rounds
Fission Slugs: The Heaviest of all shotgun rounds. Ultra-short range, uses Plutonium Batteries as the Shot, which makes huge explosions. Also extremely heavy.
Nail-shot: Uses nails, obviously
Marble Shot: For when you run out of lead and all you have is a boomer’s marble collection

[quote=“evilexecutive, post:1, topic:12117”]Alright, this is actually going to start more off as a suggestion thread for the moment, while I try to drum up interest. Right now I want to add a huge variety of more shotgun ammo types to Cataclysm, either as a mod, or as a mainline PR on the github. This mod aims to provide a huge variety of alternate shotgun rounds, ranging from the Hilariously stupid 12 Gauge ‘Skittles shot’, to the devastating “Battery Slugs”. These are inspired by the Taufledermaus channel, and their wacky experiments on kustomized shotgun ammo

Fission Slugs: The Heaviest of all shotgun rounds. Ultra-short range, uses Plutonium Batteries as the Shot, which makes huge explosions. Also extremely heavy.[/quote]
These would create a radiation cloud instead of an explosion.

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:2, topic:12117”][quote=“evilexecutive, post:1, topic:12117”]Alright, this is actually going to start more off as a suggestion thread for the moment, while I try to drum up interest. Right now I want to add a huge variety of more shotgun ammo types to Cataclysm, either as a mod, or as a mainline PR on the github. This mod aims to provide a huge variety of alternate shotgun rounds, ranging from the Hilariously stupid 12 Gauge ‘Skittles shot’, to the devastating “Battery Slugs”. These are inspired by the Taufledermaus channel, and their wacky experiments on kustomized shotgun ammo

Fission Slugs: The Heaviest of all shotgun rounds. Ultra-short range, uses Plutonium Batteries as the Shot, which makes huge explosions. Also extremely heavy.[/quote]
These would create a radiation cloud instead of an explosion.[/quote]

That’s entirely no fun. Do you not like having fun and gibbing yourself with hilariously expensive and awesome shotgun rounds?

Dirt Shot: Stuns and Blinds enemies in a short range. Dealing small amounts of damage.
Shot Shot: Birdshot inside a 00 Buck round. Shit tons of dispersion with shit tons of damage.
Glass Shot: Glass shards stuck into a shot. Short range, cutting damage, higher chance to cause bleeding (don’t know if you can code that in, haven’t tried it.)
Grenade Shot: The disassembled guts of a M67 shoved into a shot shell. The real dragon breath.
Granade Shot: OH GOD NOT THE BEES. NOT THE BEES. AHHHHHHH!

And every custom-made shell this guy put down the barrel of a Mossberg.
https://www.youtube.com/user/taofledermaus/featured

There is no way to specify non-piercing ranged damage in just JSONs alone. I want to add customized statblocks for that.
Cutting damage can cause bleeding, but only to player and NPCs (monsters don’t bleed at the moment).

Alright. Though I do like the sound of statblocks and the ability to make specific damage types for ammo and weapons.

Stone slugs. Because polishing a hard thing for a while should come in handy somehow.

More slugs sound like fun. If you are going to use marbles as possible ammo, don’t forget to add the other variants of sling ammo, like the pebbles, the ball bearings etc.

I think nuclear clouds might not do much vs monsters and npcs. At least it used to be that npcs were not affected by clouds/environmental attacks.

:open_mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7X0AYpVaU That is a big scary slug.

List 'o slugs

Brick slugs- High damage, short range
Healing slugs- Negative damage(?) and normal range
Noise slugs- No damage, No range, Super loud
:confused: