More corpses, more dangers

Well, the drug gangs have a reason for not coming back. They were all shot, hence the blood splatters.

Yall need to explore some science labs and hack some computers.

protip: access the logs again to get a different message. repeat ad infinitum.

Just a note:

Don’t post too many suggestions about raising zombies without specifically knowing why they exist.

[spoiler]It’s like The Walking Dead, except instead of airborne, it’s transferred through the water.

Via magical alien goo.[/spoiler]

GAH, don’t just give’em the goose!

They exist so your imagination can go berserk upon recognition of the cause, and its immediate laterals.

I second this, though we probably don’t want too many of them around. They will be an unplesant suprise to players when they are retreating from a horde only to run into those now-resurrected corpses they thought were harmless earlier.[/quote]

I think, if balanced properly, THIS is exactly the kind of randomly generated scenario that could make this game the most magical roguelike of them all.

There is an explanation in the game’s lore for it. I distinctly remember reading hacked lab terminals that provided explanation.

You have to be infected before you die. Corpses of people who died without being infected won’t turn into zombies. The corpses you find lying around would be people who died without first being infected. I’d assume the reason why so many of the non-infected dead are soldiers and scientists is because they were living on uncontaminated supplies of food and water in their rations and equipped with respirators and gasmasks and other NBC gear.

Like I said, this is a reasonable assumption for scientists and some military personnel. The gangsters/drug dealers though? The contamination was supposed to have spread throughout the entire northeast, if not the country/world. There’s no reason a posse of bangers multiple groups of hoodlums could have escaped infection, and if they died beforehand there’s no reason their bodies should still be there, (days/weeks/months later, when the cataclysm hit)