Zombified Survivors/Preppers?

Hey all,

I had the idea for a rare zombie type of a survivor who had the equipment to stand a chance against the various abominations of the post apocalyptic world, but not the luck, or brains. They could be slightly tougher than the regular Zed-Heads, but be a guaranteed source of useful, survival based equipment (guns, ammo, hard wearing clothing, canned food, crafted items etc) on death. They’d need some sort of trait to ensure they aren’t an easy way of getting game breaking gear on the first day, so maybe they’d only spawn around large hordes/dangerous areas, or be less likely to charge the player than basic zombies, luring the player towards tougher foes whilst forcing you to give chase.

Just an idea, anyway. Feel free to throw in any improvements/suggestions.

I like the idea.

Have them spawn around zombie hulk and brutes.

It could make sense to just increase their spawns as time progresses and then decrease them over a longer period of time. Think a bell curve with a positive skew. They should still be rare (rare enough to make it not weird that you don’t really see many survivors), but in my opinion this would be a decent model for the spawning rate. Perhaps better gear could be found as time progresses, representing the progress of the survivors before they died?

The skew is there to show that the idiots die first and in numbers (heck, they could even be indistinguishable from regular zombies what with the current loot spawns), and then as time went by the survival of the fittest takes over.

It wouldn’t make sense to me for ALL of the survivors to be dead within the first five days, especially seeing as the evac shelter’s supplies apparently lasted you this long.

It’d be interesting to find journals, notes, etc. on the bodies. We could even tell a story with the regular items in the game. A boarded up house with a single dead (EDIT: undead?) body and a gun with no ammunition except one spent casing on the floor for instance.

If I’m unclear on anything just ask me to explain what I mean.

I’d like to write a journal. Maybe, if this idea is implemented, some people could make a post to add a journal each one so we have things of the forum ingame. And maybe some kind of “easter eggs” reffering here, and stories of already dead characters of us.

If you die and then make a new character without resetting the game world, have your old character re-animate as one of these after a day or two.

Or…just have the character reanimate, period. Exactly what you had/were on death. Chances are it’ll be scarier than a Hulk.

Or…just have the character reanimate, period. Exactly what you had/were on death. Chances are it’ll be scarier than a Hulk.[/quote]
Next thing we know we’ll have electricity-flinging, power-armored, clawed, regenerating, invisible, teleporting zombies. That attracts hordes of nether creatures.

I like it.

A silly idea. If you take other player’s graveyard files and stick them into your graveyard folder, you can (rarely) run into survivor zombies based off of those characters

Anywho, I love the idea! They’d be more likely to carry ammo, medicine, and food I assume? The three essentials in any apocalypse!

see national geographic show ‘doomsday preppers’. I don’t think most of these guys would do too well. lets make them zombies.

Or…just have the character reanimate, period. Exactly what you had/were on death. Chances are it’ll be scarier than a Hulk.[/quote]
Next thing we know we’ll have electricity-flinging, power-armored, clawed, regenerating, invisible, teleporting zombies. That attracts hordes of nether creatures.

I like it.

A silly idea. If you take other player’s graveyard files and stick them into your graveyard folder, you can (rarely) run into survivor zombies based off of those characters

Anywho, I love the idea! They’d be more likely to carry ammo, medicine, and food I assume? The three essentials in any apocalypse![/quote]

… It is a beautiful idea isn’t it? It would certainly give pause to those that just make stashes ready for the next playthrough-- if your old Player Character corpse was lurking somewhere nearby coated in power armour and armed with a rifle or SMG.
who’s the NPC now bitch? :stuck_out_tongue: