Modular Mansion Basements and Hidden Bionic Labs Closed Merge Request

Hey, what’s the deal with this?

I am a github noob. I take it this request wasn’t merged because of the downvotes? Or was it implemented in some other way and actually is in the current game?

I like the idea of ‘randomized’ mansion basements as well as the potential to find hidden ‘Dr. Frankenstein’ bionic labs. I was planning on making a mod that adds possible secret labs under mansions like RE1 and this data kinda goes hand-in-hand with that idea.

I edited the code and turned it into its own mod if anyone wants to check it out:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9ji7adakdj0g8fr/Modular_Mansion_Basements.zip/file

If this is totally in the game, sorry for wasting everyones time. With my lack of understanding of github it’s unclear exactly what happened to this project.

It looks pretty clear to me. There were a lot of commits, it was merged and the status changed to ‘done’. So this was implemented.

Edit: On second thought, seems there were lots of merge conflicts. This is pretty damn old, too, 2018. I would look for a newer PR, mansion basements are definitely a lot different than they used to be. So I still think this was implemented, the author mentioned opening a new PR. Not sure why they could not resolve the conflicts.

I guess if someone has found a hidden bionic lab in a mansion basement that would confirm it.

A few months ago I went through a lot of the merges/requests and most that were rejected/closed/broken usually did get merged in a future commit etc, but there are some though that never were, the user just walked away from it or expected somebody else to deal with it, like the full dinosaur evolution data merge (EDIT: Wow, the full dinosaur evolution stuff is coded and going to be in the default mod! Ridiculous timing coincidence that he started working on it again a week before I posted about it in my mod thread) and I don’t recall seeing the user or another user commit and merge it sometime after, though it is very possible and likely that it was but was included in a big mapgen merge sometime after.

Again, if somebody has found a hidden mansion basement bionic lab that should confirm it lol.

I am a github noob. I take it this request wasn’t merged because of the downvotes? Or was it implemented in some other way and actually is in the current game?

What downvotes? There are no downvotes anywhere there.
Regardless, downvotes have no impact on PRs being merged.
As far as I can tell, no part of those changes were merged.

lol I assumed the -6184 was some sort of ‘vote’ thing, even though I was like “there’s no way 6000+ people weighed in on this”. So I guess that means that many lines of code/text was removed? Holy crap. You can see all the stuff he removed under ‘files changed’ and some of them have me scratching my head over. I’m sure much of the game’s code has changed drastically since then though.