Modkits for Clothing

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:20, topic:8164”]That’s all pretty cool.

The problem is that it’s hard to cut down on items. Items do weird shit when you remove them. Perhaps we could change all clothing we are phasing out into placeholder items that can be disassembled for the materials used?[/quote]

Items do weird shit when removed, but shit needs to get removed eventually. I think we should seriously consider something like the above mentioned system as a way to “refund” items for people who don’t know (or want) to use the dev tools to replace removed items. But between “stable” releases start removing the obsolete or otherwise removed items. Sort of a flagged for deletion type thing. Gonna start a separate thread for this so this one doesn’t get hijacked.

You’re not removing the survivor armor. Everything but the survivor armor, please.

Get you leather armor, reinforce with extra kevlar, add pockets and some other mods. Rename that item to Survivor Armor :smiley:

In other words, normally you craft your personal survival armor. That sugestion is just changing from crafting a armor/cloth to crafting a mod and add to a cloth/armor

Get you leather armor, reinforce with extra kevlar, add pockets and some other mods. Rename that item to Survivor Armor :smiley:

In other words, normally you craft your personal survival armor. That sugestion is just changing from crafting a armor/cloth to crafting a mod and add to a cloth/armor[/quote]
I was thinking more like removing the light and heavy versions and modifying the regular survivor armor to be a base for mod kits.

Mod kits sound nifty from a player perspective. I’m not particularly thrilled about implementing them.

:expressionless:

As for removing items, we killed crafting and spawns for the pipe SMG, and can pull it when desired.

The gunmod system is actually very creaky and hard to deal with, I don’t find the prospect of trying to apply a similar system to a much more complex item (yes clothes are more complex than guns) appealing.
There have been several threads discussing similar systems for clothes, but they haven’t gotten anywhere probably because of the complexity.

I thought so too but I didn’t want to rain on the parade :frowning:

Actually, there are tools for it.
Soldering iron acts like a sewing kit for all metal, kevlar, and plastic items.

I thought so too but I didn’t want to rain on the parade :([/quote]

I did not and do not wish to be trampled by the parade. :expressionless:

Don’t worry, my power armor heels can jump over you.