Modern weapon pack

This mod adds various weapons and accessories to the game.

Newest version: 160914 - [URL=http://www.mediafire.com/download/b580xna3xsh5gj5/modern_weapon_pack.zip]http://www.mediafire.com/download/b580xna3xsh5gj5/modern_weapon_pack.zip[/URL]

New to this version:[spoiler]

.308 X-14 50 rd drum magazine  
    A compatible magazine for weapons that use the M14 type magazines.
.223 Galil 35 rd magazine
    For 5.56x45mm ammunition (.223), a curved magazine made for the Galil assault rifle.
Sterling L2A3 magazine
    34 round magazine for the Sterling Mk.4 submachibe gun.

Handguns:
            Kahr K9
            Rohrbaugh R9s

Rifles:
            Enfield L85A2
            Galil assault rifle
            Norinco Type 56-1
            Norinco Type 56-2
            Walther WA 2000

SMG:
            Sterling Mk.4

gunmods:  
          --SUSAT scope

--5.45x39mm caliber conversion kit
                A retool kit that can convert applicable firearms (so far, the Beretta ARX-160) to a 5.45x39mm firearm.

--*auto-fire rifle assembly
                A mod that converts several modded and base-game semi-automatic rifles to a selective fire weapon with a burst size of 15 rounds. (recipe required)
          --*select auto-fire assembly
                A mod that converts several modded and base-game semi-automatic rifles to a selective fire weapon bursts size of 3 and 10 rounds. (recipe required)
          --*shotgun auto-fire assembly
                A mod that converts a suitable semi-automatic shotgun to a selective fire weapon with a burst size of 5 rounds. (recipe required)

(*Thanks to BorkBorkGoesTheCode and Noctifer for pointing me in the right direction on the above three gunmods.) 

Here is a list of semi-automatic weapons which can be modified (with an appropriate gunmod listed by asterisk above) to become a select-fire/full automatic weapon:
                Ruger 10/22
                AR-15
                Ruger Mini-14
                M1A
                M14 EBR-RI
                Cx4 Storm
                Kel-Tec SUB-2000
                AR57 LEM
                Chiappa M1-9
                Saiga Mk3 carbine
                Saiga-12

[/spoiler]

old ver: 160905 -

Includes: [spoiler]

Handgun:
    AMT Longslide Hardballer
    APB Stechkin
    Strike One
    AutoMag
    Beretta 93R
    Browning HP
    Colt USMC M45A1 CQBP
    Coonan .357 Magnum Automatic
    H&K 45T
    H&K 45CT
    Mare's Leg
    High Standard Semi-Automatic
    High Standard HDM
    High Standard Deluxe
    Korth Nibelungen
    Korth Combat
    Manurhin MR 73
    S&W Model 59
    S&W Model 686
    Vörös-Danuvia VD-01

SMG:
    APC-9
    M635
    CBJ-MS
    STK CPW

Rifle:
    AR57 LEM
    R93 Tactical 2
    CETME Ameli
    Chiappa M1-9
    Desert Tech MDR
    FAD assault rifle
    FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
    Henry Lever Action
    Marlin 1894
    Marlin 1894C
    Marlin 336
    Mossberg 464 SPX
    Ruger M77
    Saiga Mk3 carbine
    Serbu BFG-50 carbine
    Serbu BFG-50A
    Steyr SSG 69
    Tavor MTAR-21

Shotgun:
    Crye Six12
    Crye Six12 suppressed
    Taurus ST 12
    UTAS UTS-15

Launcher:
    GL06 stand alone launcher
    RGM-40 Kastet

Ammo:
    .30-30 Winchester
    reloaded .30-30 Winchester
    .357 Magnum
    reloaded .357 Magnum

Gunmod:
    lightweight bipod
    neck strap
    peep sight
    Crye Six12 underbarrel shotgun 
    .38 caliber conversion kit
    .357 caliber conversion kit
    .40 caliber conversion kit
    7.62x39mm caliber conversion kit

Magazine:
    *various proprietary magazines
    *magazines for AK74-style weapons for both the base game and this mod:
        .223 AK74 10 rd magazine
        .223 AK74 30 rd magazine
        .308 AK74 25 rd magazine
    *magazines for most STANAG compatible weapons for both the base game and this mod:
        Translucent STANAG magazine (30 rd)
        .223 Beta-C dual drum magazine (100 rd)
        .308 Beta-C dual drum magazine (100 rd)
        9mm NATO magazine (30 rd)

[/spoiler]

–Both this mod and Artyoms’ Gun Emporium can be used at the same time. I tried to stay away from the firearms that Artyom used in his Artyoms’ Gun Emporium mod. Although, I made three exceptions: the AutoMag, the Browning Hi Power (because I have a personal connection to both of these guns,) and the FX-05 Xiuhcoatl, (because it is a HK G36 clone and I did additional work on tweaking the HK G36.)

The game loads mods from top to bottom on the mods list when creating a world. If you place this mod above Artyoms’ mod, on that list, then you can continue to use Artyoms’ version of these three weapons.

There will be, if both this mod and Artyom’s mod are used, some mags that may not have a weapon with which to load, because I did not coordinate my mags with his mags and he, obviously, could not have used mine.

It is more than likely that this version will need tweaking - any help, suggestions, gripes, and comments are welcome and appreciated.

1 Like

Just downloaded this mod. Looking forward to using it; I’ll keep you updated on how it goes. Definitely excited to see these smgs in the game. :slight_smile:

nice mod.it works flawlessly at this moment.

Thanks to you both. I am currently updating and playtesting, and I should have something to release soon.

i like it, but what if i want to use this with artyoms weapon pack? maybe a version without any of the guns artyoms weapons pack adds, so there isnt 2 of the same gun ?

When using this mod with Artyoms’ Gun Emporium there will not be two of the same gun.

If my mod is above Artyoms’ on the mod list (meaning: you will be using Artyom’s version of the Browning Hi Power, Automag, and the FX-05) then there will be a debug message that says: “Magazine hp40mag defined but not used.” and a message that says: “Magazine hp9mm_mag defined but not used.” Just press spacebar for each one and forget about it because it won’t affect the game.

If Artyoms’ mod is above mine on the mod list (meaning: you will be using my version of the Browning Hi Power, Automag, and the FX-05) then there will be a debug message that says: “Magazine badgunmagazine defined but not used.” Just press spacebar and forget about it because it won’t affect the game.

FANTASTIC work, I love those pre-packaged gun packs as well. Brilliant idea! Keep it up and you’ve got a permanent spot in my mod list next to artyoms mod.

Hey - Thanks a lot!

Be sure and check out the newest version: 160914 [URL=http://www.mediafire.com/download/b580xna3xsh5gj5/modern_weapon_pack.zip]http://www.mediafire.com/download/b580xna3xsh5gj5/modern_weapon_pack.zip[/URL]

[quote=“crom, post:8, topic:12498”]Hey - Thanks a lot!

Be sure and check out the newest version: 160914 [URL=http://www.mediafire.com/download/b580xna3xsh5gj5/modern_weapon_pack.zip]http://www.mediafire.com/download/b580xna3xsh5gj5/modern_weapon_pack.zip[/URL][/quote]

does it work with the newest verison? i doubt it ,its from september, but do you plan on updating it? also, i recommend using other file upload sites than mediafire.

Hey crom, could you create a repository for your mod on GitHub?

Currently broken with newest experimental.

Spacebar to continue doesn’t work; sends you back to the title screen.

Reload can only be set at the ammo level now; gun modifiers are derived from the gun’s weight.

I’ve fixed most of the bugs now: the recoil, bayonet replacement, and generic casing updates made a few fields obsolete. Here’s a repository of the changes I’ve made:

Sorry for the mess of a commit history.

If you want to fix your copy, rename the “bayonet” attached to the Norinco Type 56-1 to “inter_bayonet”, convert all instances of “recoil_modifier” into “handling_modifier” and remove all recoil fields from guns (if you still get messages about recoil fields, look in modern_extras/overrides_gun.json). The casings will not work properly until they are converted into generic form; see examples in data/items/generic/casing.json.

Maddremor fixed a JSON typo I added, so now the mod should work as intended. I’m sorry.

Release

Issue, I used the shotgun auto fire mod on a saiga 12. Unfortunately what appears to have happened is that it switches to something that looks like what you would get if you used say a underbarrel shotgun mod or something like that. I don’t know why this is I just figured to let you know.

I know. The code for all autofire conversions has been broken for a while. I don’t know enough C++ to fix it.

Oh

Due to the removal of autofire conversion and cartridge conversion support in experimental, I’ve removed spawns for both from the spawnlists. The mods are stored in obsolete file until support is restored.