Mod Updates (April 7th, 2022)

Any chance of getting “Ascension” mod (“Winning_DDA” is the directory name) to work? It’s a very old mod by now, so it’ll probably be a challenge, but it added a ton of endgame stuff (which is what CDDA is most lacking right now IMO) and it defined the game for me, there are a few other threads of people asking for it

Problem is it has a lot of dependencies:

• the old blazemod (not Blaze Industries)
  • PK’s rebalancing which crashed my game when i tried to create a new world on 0.F3 (see details below)
  • arcana

So I tried getting it to work on 0.F3 - basically what I did was just install the most up to date versions of Ascension and it’s dependencies, some of them are fairly outdated as you can see above. It did not work, obviously. Trying to narrow down what went wrong to help you out

• Arcana is up to date still so i dont anticipate it being an issue
  • Blazemod is pretty old, i used the most recent version of blazemod from goat’s community mod pack (which was in the “legacy mods” folder…) and goat’s modpack is, as far as i know, only working on 0.E not 0.F… so Blazemod might be the hardest one to get to work
  • PK’s Rebalancing is the one that crashed for me when i tried worldgen. It threw a bunch of errors about armor like this:

After pressing I to ignore those armor warnings, This is the message it showed me right before it exited out of worldgen:

I get that you probably arent up for trying to get such an old mod to work but figured i’d pass on what i learned from my failed experiment in case you want to try. I think a lot of people would want to play it if it loaded, myself included.