Mod Ideas for Everything

Vision cones would make it like Project Zombiod. Might be good though.

Though I’d kinda like to see a spear over haul. Making them modifiable and such. So you could have a broad head spear or a sharp point or a better grip counter balances all sorts of stuff.

Explosives, man. Also, medications. Other than that, yeah, there’s not much need. Maybe additional metalworking, too.
Anyway, I didn’t say the mod should be enormous.

I don’t think it would be impossible to have it be good and small least as far as chemistry. Explosives maybe. And for all of them absolutely impossible. Unless you’re talking about memory space then it could be done I think. Might be horribly wrong but just my thoughts on the size. But if you took all the mod ideas so far you’d have a pretty good overhaul mod for the game. The stealth system though that would make sneak possible during the day so you can do early game city roaming if you’re smart with less risk of hordes forming behind you.

Well, I’m working on parts of it. I don’t know when I’m going to get to CBMs and NPCs, because NPC AI is hard and I’m hoping better developers will revamp the NPC AI system so I don’t have to. And remote controlled pulleys and drawbridges have dropped off my list of things I expect to accomplish before the heat death of the universe.

But I just pushed the work in progress pull request for the vehicle speed rework, and I’m slowly moving a lot of NPC dialogue into JSON. There’s still a lot more to do to, but I’m making progress just about every day.

Directional vision/cones would take a lot of work and I don’t foresee that happening anytime soon, if ever.

I’m looking forward to NPC dialogue being JSONized. I haven’t looked at the code, and I don’t know what the JSON will look like, but writing is firmly in my wheelhouse. We’ll see how that all shakes out.

As for my mod ideas? Well, a few weeks ago we referenced flavor text for killed enemies. I thought that was a great idea.

I’ve been working on building a new prison and a college, but my attention span is short and I’ve had some real life stuff going on.

Other’n that, anything that adds new places, new objects, or deepens gameplay is just fine by me. I’d be personally excited by new challenge scenarios, but I don’t have any ideas for those.

1 Like

I’d want to expand the options for atomic tools. Atomic Hotplate, Atomic Welder, Atomic Saws, etc. I like the idea of these items. The thing is that it’s just gonna be a lot of JSON that I have to do to get it all working.

1 Like

Like that idea for atomic tools. But if I could add an idea to it. Maybe make the home made ones leak tiny amounts of radiation when used so if you used like an atomic jackhammer it would give you a bit of rads for every wall destroyed.

atomic fridge… and freezer

1 Like

All the infrastructure for npctalk to JSON is complete. Now I’m down to moving the actual dialogue into JSON. If you want to see what the dialogue looks like, read doc/NPCs.md and look at data/json/npcs/TALK_REFUGEE_RANCH.json as a sample.

So will this make the NPC dialogue menu faster and cleaner or what?

It won’t be any faster. It just makes it easier to add new dialogue: more of the functions that determine the NPC lines and player responses are available, more of the effects are available in JSON, stuff like that.

1 Like

So it makes it better for people who wanna add unique quest lines and such similar. Neat.

1 Like

What about a boss mod featuring a veriety of bosses of different tiers. Maybe even have special “arenas” or structures that would house special mechanics to assist in the fight that utilized wrenches doors and levers.

E.G. - In a lab you’re faced with “The Mad Doctor” he’s guarded by manhacks and is stupid powerful. However, there is a terminal that allows you to hack the manhacks, and open the doors to some containment rooms housing spitter zombies. You can kill the spitters, lure the doctor through the acid, and allow the manhacks to chip away his health while you throw rocks at his head

Sounds fun. Maybe make his minions respawn to a certain degree so if you kill all of the manhacks you can still fight him with them. Like one or two backups for them.

A mod that adds perminate stat boost potions. So +1 agility/speed/perception/strength is gained upon drinking, and the change stacks, and is perminate.

that way I could live my 4/4/4/4 nobody into the 20/20/20/20 fearless god of my dreams

1 Like

That sounds super OP. But sounds kinda like a stats through skills mod.

It likely would be super OP, but I think it would be rather simple to create.

That just sounds like you want to use the debug menu and blast those stats up.

Well no, these potions would only be found at lab finales and other difficult to reach areas.