Mod adding a neckbeard profession

The game already has many of the requisite items (trenchcoats, tippable fedoras, cannabis, Doritos, and Mountain Dew), so I figured a neckbeard profession would be a natural addition. Originally this was a pull request, but the maintainers weren’t very interested in it, so here it is as a mod instead. Get it here

and then install it by naming the file “modinfo.json” and putting it in a new folder in your mods folder.

The mod includes two items, a popular science book for all your Neil deGrasse Tyson-quoting needs, and a plush pony so you can settle down for a nice dinner with waifu after you’ve built a house.

(I myself am a neckbeard and a brony, so rest assured that my neckbeard jokes come from the heart.)

I like the idea.

The gender dimorphism isn’t right though: legbeards aren’t female neckbeards, even though they have a similar role in society.
They aren’t euphoric but rather empowered, “The female fedora” isn’t even a hat, they aren’t into astrophysics/Asian cartoons/cartoon horses but rather into equality politics and prefer hammers to katanas.

And this is why we downchecked it for mainline.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:8027”]I like the idea.

The gender dimorphism isn’t right though: legbeards aren’t female neckbeards, even though they have a similar role in society.
They aren’t euphoric but rather empowered, “The female fedora” isn’t even a hat, they aren’t into astrophysics/Asian cartoons/cartoon horses but rather into equality politics and prefer hammers to katanas.[/quote]

They also specialize in the fighting style where you simply scream at someone to shut the fuck up and don’t do anything physical unless extremely enraged - which can happen rather easily, mind you.

Can we not have this discussion? Please?

Concur with TheLoneBadger. Ease up, people.

I thought we were just kidding.

I’ve got hairy legs AND a fedora, I was thoroughly enjoying the banter