Mechanical Winch & Closed Metal Door

I’ve run across a few Mechanical Winch linked to a series of Metal Doors that function much like the Palisade Gate with attached Rope & Pulley.

So far I haven’t spotted an entry to construct metal gates of this nature in the Construction menu’s list.

Is there a way to build these useful metal gates?

Secondary question:
How much more durable are these Metal Gates vs Palisade Gates?

In vanilla no. You can however add it yourself if you want or you can use the debug menu. As I see it the only thing that I have seen that might break down any metal barrier is a zombie hulk, or a nuke hack but those are minibuses on heliblades.

I have a question, do those metal doors destroy items on their way when closed by a winch?

It so maybe it’s a good way to get rid of unwanted items.

i managed to sledgehammer a metal gate open once, i needed to use hydraulic muscles. so in practical terms, yes hulks are probably the only thing that can damage it.

[quote=“leebash, post:3, topic:14056”]I have a question, do those metal doors destroy items on their way when closed by a winch?

It so maybe it’s a good way to get rid of unwanted items.[/quote]
I think it moves them out of they way which was annoying when dealing with a group of zombies. Couldn’t destroy their corpses with the door.

Be careful not to kill yourself with these by using them diagonally from underneath them. It’s one of the most annoying ways to become chunks, so be sure to check your overhead clearance in small garages especially.