Map view horde toggle

Being able to spot enemies is nice and all but the con of having more blinky stuff slow down scrolling even more makes it a hassle.
I wanna be able to turn it off.

Being able to see hordes on the overmap? Yes please.
Because hordes currently have the uncanny ability of being able to sneak up on the PC. Zombies shouldn’t be that smart. Also going to sleep and waking up covered in Zs because you couldn’t see the horde approaching is Fun, but not fun.
I know there’s no realism-rationale for seeing horses on the overmap, but getting surprise-death’d by the unwinnable situation of being in the middle of a zombie horde at night should be prevented by any means.

And while we’re on the topic of seeing entities on the overmap, i think we need to hide neutral and hostile NPCs on it. Because while friends can tell eachother where they’re headed, there’s no way of knowing where people are that you’ve never met before (or people who are actively hiding from you).
It’d put more emphasis on befriending capable NPCs and trading with those you’re not trying to befriend, because you might not see them ever again in the post-Cataclysm wasteland.

Horde view is in the experimental builds. Comes with a few problems, as stated in the OP.

[quote=“Adrian, post:2, topic:5790”]Being able to see hordes on the overmap? Yes please.
Because hordes currently have the uncanny ability of being able to sneak up on the PC. Zombies shouldn’t be that smart. Also going to sleep and waking up covered in Zs because you couldn’t see the horde approaching is Fun, but not fun.
I know there’s no realism-rationale for seeing horses on the overmap, but getting surprise-death’d by the unwinnable situation of being in the middle of a zombie horde at night should be prevented by any means.[/quote]
It’s already in the experimental version. :stuck_out_tongue:

For blinking maybe we could just disable the blinking while scrolling or something? That might work for making it still scroll at an adequate speed without losing any information.

And while we're on the topic of seeing entities on the overmap, i think we need to hide neutral and hostile NPCs on it. Because while friends can tell eachother where they're headed, there's no way of knowing where people are that you've never met before (or people who are actively hiding from you). It'd put more emphasis on befriending capable NPCs and trading with those you're not trying to befriend, because you might not see them ever again in the post-Cataclysm wasteland.
Good point.

[quote=“i2amroy”]For blinking maybe we could just disable the blinking while scrolling or something? That might work for making it still scroll at an adequate speed without losing any information.[/quote]Perfect! But I’d still like to be able to disable all notes and things. Having a bunch of blinky stuff on the map can be bothersome while planning ahead.

Sorry. Misread.
And i’ve never seen hordes on the overmap. My experimental must be too old.

it wasn’t the blinking, just poor implementation, which has since been fixed.

[quote=“Adrian, post:2, topic:5790”]And while we’re on the topic of seeing entities on the overmap, i think we need to hide neutral and hostile NPCs on it. Because while friends can tell eachother where they’re headed, there’s no way of knowing where people are that you’ve never met before (or people who are actively hiding from you).
It’d put more emphasis on befriending capable NPCs and trading with those you’re not trying to befriend, because you might not see them ever again in the post-Cataclysm wasteland.[/quote]

Or, like how they do it in S.T.A.L.K.E.R? Where if youre in a certain radius of someone youll pick up on their radio. That was one of the most tense things in the game, clearing out a stronghold, then suddenly blip blip Suddenly realizing there was 11 people in close proximity, but, couldnt tell exactly where