Hordes of zombies. Balance

Overmap has list of cities and list of zombie group. In static spawn dynamic creating of zombies is off. I think, if add small monster group (~300 zombies of any kind) in center of cities on start game and move spawn points around randomly every, for example, 3 game hours. What you think about it, devs?
Also vehicle welding rig and forge rig must use at least 10x more power. To easy gameplay it’s bad.

Develop hordes:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=5735.0

The solar powered vehicles have already been given a pretty large nerf recently, I don’t think they need any more crippling. As it stands, welding rigs and forges generally aren’t used with any sense of urgency, characters tend to hole up in a base first before doing any serious welding/forging. So what would be the point of requiring them to draw greater amounts of power? It doesn’t particularly make the game any harder, just more tedious.

As for your other point the developers have said roaming zombie hordes might be a thing they would like to add.

In any case, with the energy to do something. It’s too cheap. Optionally make option like “energy using (100%-1000%)”

Need devs opinion about hordes. I think it’s easy to add via moving spawn points.

Your arguments lack substantiation or clarity, and dismissing any other argument to the contrary with ‘in any case’ isn’t doing your point any favour. Of course, since you’re demanding to arbitrarily cripple the game on a passing whim, I have no doubt the usual crowd around here will respond with accolades and a standing ovation.

As for hordes, I don’t think the spawn system works quite like that. They’ve been on the to-do list for quite a while, so I imagine if it were as simple to implement as you suggest it would have been accomplished by now.

Huh. Sarcasm. How original, Inadequate.

On-topic, the option to change how much energy would be nice for bugtesting the vehicle system whenever it gets updated. Just make everything not cost charge and spawn a bunch of parts, but the hordes thing has already been suggested and talked about.

And here come the accolades, right on schedule.

I’m sorry, I know I’ve been away for awhile but what exactly do you mean “just make everything not cost charge and spawn a bunch of parts” Because last I checked the only Charge becomes something is a bug with acid (which might have been fixed) and using the welding rig to repair your vehicle, and all increasing how much power it uses would do is change stopping once in awhile to repair for a week to stopping every once and a while to repair for

As for this guy’s suggestion for hordes, as best I can tell by his poor english he’s suggesting hordes to ‘spawn’ in a city then slowly move away from it, which is sorta what I had planned on implementing before I realized I couldn’t do it, and it wouldn’t do any good. [Thread] As for his vehicle power rebalance suggestion, it’s not really a problem, and doesn’t need to be changed.

I haven’t really played in a while.
Well, not without the Debug Menu, so I kinda don’t really pay attention to game mechanics.

[quote=“Reaper, post:1, topic:5388”]Overmap has list of cities and list of zombie group. In static spawn dynamic creating of zombies is off. I think, if add small monster group (~300 zombies of any kind) in center of cities on start game and move spawn points around randomly every, for example, 3 game hours. What you think about it, devs?
Also vehicle welding rig and forge rig must use at least 10x more power. To easy gameplay it’s bad.[/quote]

Accolades Ovations

[spoiler] No I don’t support the increase of charge use

Insert middle finger here

How in the heck are you not banned yet? I’ve gotten warnings for using too many caps and being overly sarcastic, but not sarcastic dickish mean as you.

How in the heck are you not banned yet? I’ve gotten warnings for using too many caps and being overly sarcastic, but not sarcastic dickish mean as you.[/quote]
One second, and… There.

Thanks, Mrno.

Don’t you ever change.

what does that mean? (serious question, incase its something really obvious…)

Well I kinda enjoy reading the super cynical point of view Inadequate has on pretty much every conceivable topic. Its like entertaining in some sort of morbid way, or something.

As do I. Plus he’s basically a devil’s advocate, and everyone needs one of those.

Ok. Today i make simple algorithm:

1. Add attr horde to monster group (respawn point)
  2. Add hordes to cities in mapgen.
  3. Move all hordes to player (I think 1 overmap tile every hour, but they move faster…)
    I compile it, run, wait it shelter 2-3 hours and…THEY CAME!!! and i ran…

Me too… but sometimes it is just too cruel. See a good point in something once in a while LC. :I

Talk is cheap… Show me the code.

https://github.com/Reaper42/Cataclysm-DDA/tree/hordes
TODO:
-Save hordes status.
-Make more realistic hordes movememt:
-Hordes must move on sound, light, smell.
-Dependence of the detection of the weather and terrain. (!underground)
-Make optionaly horde generation
-Debug in overmap window.

If it works then code it up and PR it and we’ll take a look at it. Open-source means anyone can contribute, and you are always free to PR a function if it’s not being added when you want it; we always are welcome to more people helping to develop the game.