Make Time Dilation Do Cool Stuff

You know, like throwing eighty knives and having them all strike once the timestop ends - or at least (given that’d mean calculating simultaneous projectiles, ick), have all the damage done during a timestop suddenly apply once it ends, so you can at least pretend it all happened at the finish. This would allow us to finally stop time, beat up a zombie, and then see it instantly explode into gore once time resumes.

Also, a message for when Time Dilation ends. It’s hard to tell sometimes.

Basically, stopping time (even if it’s only ‘effectively’) is one of the most cool ways to be imaginative, and indulging it a little by making everything stop would be nice.

What about dodging bullets? The last time I tried using Time Dilation (which was a LONG while ago), I still got gunned down by a hostile NPC.

Huh. I think it might have run out, 'cause they shouldn’t have been able to move, let alone shoot you.

An enemy NPC isn’t going to get a turn until your time dilation “wears off”.
Point taken about letting you know when it ends, that wouldn’t be hard.
Delaying projectile effects until it ends would be a lot more trouble to add, I don’t see that one happening:/

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:4, topic:14091”]An enemy NPC isn’t going to get a turn until your time dilation “wears off”.
Point taken about letting you know when it ends, that wouldn’t be hard.
Delaying projectile effects until it ends would be a lot more trouble to add, I don’t see that one happening:/[/quote]

I know (it’s been suggested before, IIRC), hence why I suggested the alternate solution of applying damage to enemies in a single ‘attack’ after the duration ends (all damage, not just projectiles). I’m not too familiar with JSONs but AFAIK it’d be pretty much just storing all the damage done to each enemy in a variable, and then using that to deal damage to them once it’s over. At the moment it’s a lot less ‘spectacular’ than slowing down time would suggest.

If it’s more complex than that and I’m wasting time, I’m really sorry. I never mean to annoy with suggestions and I try to keep them at least plausible.

how about just have the logs hidden? as in, you attack, and normally it would say how much you did, but when you turn on time dilation it inserts a sort of {spoiler} thing to hide all the logs, and then when dilation ends they all come flooding back.

if you can concentrate the attack damage into one huge total that would be amazing. like say, you sledgehammer a hulk 100 times (yeah probably wouldn’t have that much power but let’s assume) then it would total the damage and apply it all at once, so like 5000 damage, and the hulk would just turn into a massive blood stain due to kinetic energy making it kinda explosive.

That’s what I was really hoping for, the cumulative damage applying at once. It’d make it easier to imagine the ‘throw fifty knives, they all connect at the end’ thing as you can just fill in the actual flight of the knives yourself and witness the aftermath in the game.

ALSO: Make vehicles stop moving during time dilation. At the moment my survivor can speed their brain up to the point where time seems to stop, and then their car can keep up with them.
It’d also allow for getting into multiple cars and setting them all up to fly in the same direction at 200mph once time starts.

Would be cool if you can use time dilation, set up a bunch of C-4s to blow in one second, place them around the time frozen horde, then go walk at a safe distance. Time stop ends, and boom, simultaneous cool explosions.

You can’t do that? I could have sworn counters stop when in time dilation.