Make some way to make animals not despawn

i recently tried to make a farm but quickly ran into the problem of animals despawning on me, with no way to keep them from despawning when you leave your base to hit town it makes keeping non-dog pets impossible (my poor possum despawned… my only friend and food source for that day)

i suggest adding a way to keep the animals from despawning, such as a putting a tag on them made of some metal or wood to keep them there.

The reality bubble has been the bane of many people’s existences, or in this case animal’s nonexistences, but I’m not sure if there’s been a workaround for it.

Try static spawn mode.

I don’t think static spawn affects animals, just zombies in towns.

im always on static spawn mode

im always on static spawn mode[/quote]
only works on zambies stupid hunter.

I know static spawn only affects zombies for spawning, but I heard on another thread recently that for despawning static spawn works on wildlife too.

Nope, it doesn’t. You were mistaken.

only works on zambies stupid hunter.[/quote]

Even as a joke, no need to be rude.

only works on zambies stupid hunter.[/quote]

Even as a joke, no need to be rude.[/quote]It’s ok, I got the joke, no offense taken.

That said it is the eventual solution planned. Once everything is running on static spawn, zombies and wildlife, then this problem shouldn’t occur anymore (or at least animals won’t magically disappear from inside pens, though they would still be “paused” while you are gone).