Hi, I came back after taking a long break. Lots of things have changed since then including the 0.D release (yay and good job!). That being said I have a few questions about things I’m seeing. Perhaps you guys might have the answer(s):
- There are fewer animal spawns. I’ve only found 1 moose in about 1 year in-game time and I’ve explored a lot of area. Do they spawn in certain seasons only?
- I hear the longer you are in the game the more likely animals spawn as zombie variants. Can we change/disable this feature? I want animals to spawn normally but with a small or no chance of them spawning as zombies late game.
- Early on I found a farm that had a few cows and sheep and there were only a few zombies in the barn there. I was able to save a few of the animals. However much later on in the game every farm (barn) I found had tons of zombies in them, overwhelming the animals. There was no chance of saving those animals mid to end game. Can we reduce the zombie spawn there?
- I found a pair of horses but they have not produced any offspring. Meanwhile my 2 sheep and 3 cows have produced many generations of offspring already.
- NPC pickup is behaving strangely. I created an NPC camp and told my NPC to search/sort some items. Its possible NPC pickup became messed up after this. Whenever I enable NPC pickup they would pickup random junk even after I listed some items in the NPC pickup manager. Plus the pickup manager list would sometimes clear itself! I had to disable NPC pickup because my NPC kept on picking up useless junk like filthy clothing.
- Why can’t we tame animal’s offspring?
- Animals won’t follow you up/down z-levels. Somehow two of my animals went down in the basement of my evac shelter and I can’t get them out.
- How do I raise chickens? I caught a chicken but he only lays eggs and those eggs never turn into chicks. Do I need two or more or do I need to find a rooster?
- Are animals aware of each other between different z-levels? So if I have 2 cows and one of them is in the basement and the other is on ground will they produce offspring?
Build 8601. World created with build 85xx.