Magnifying Glass

A new object I would like to be added is the magnifying glass. It could be used to light fires outside during sunny days, but relies on the survival skill like the fire starter. It have no charge and can be used however much you want. When dissembled it gives you a high quality lens.

Except it’s near impossible to get a decent fire going on anything but tinder. And it would be painstaking to continually fuel this fire with tender until it got hot enough to catch good fuel on fire. Lighter’s are pretty much endless, and even fire drills come super easy by the time you have a decent survival skill. I’m sorry but I really don’t see the point in adding “endless” hard to light fires when there are plenty of other more practical alternatives. (Why would you need a high quality lens?)

Just a note, but there is already a higher survival based method of infinite fire starting in the game in the fire piston IIRC.

BeigeSand: Crafting a CBM or two, mostly, though I could easily see someone adding a survivor nightvision mask or somesuch that’d need them.

It’s an interesting idea but the amount of lighters and matchboxes in the game is huge so I’m not sure if it his of great use especially if you consider the fact you need the weather to be sunny.

Dissasembling binoculars yields a rather obscure item called high quality lens. Cant do anything with it other than a few recipes though.

Thats really handy to know. I thought you can only get those from eye bots and flashligt cbms.

If you are playing the experimental build you can also get high quality lens from cameras.

Its a real shame you can only install 1 finger laser.

I wish I could install 20 of them, all over one of my arms, and just open fire.

[quote=“Daidalon, post:9, topic:7188”]Its a real shame you can only install 1 finger laser.

I wish I could install 20 of them, all over one of my arms, and just open fire.[/quote]