Magiclysm: A Total Fantasy Overhaul

Definitely agree now that I think about the fact it effects all spell casting. The main issues I see with the mod is

1. You gain focus while studying (being worked on)
  2. Weapons dont with thier conversive traits (bone spear qont work with spear martial art) being worked on
  3. Like you said you can’t stack or over write stat buffs like Ogre and Eagle eye.
  4. Durations for certain item summons are too short compared to others. Holy blade lasts no where near as long as bone spear.
    That aside it is hands down the best mod I’ve used :)))
1 Like

And I am glad you are enjoying it as well:)

1 Like

I think the conjuring spells best point its in utility, like having and armor on the go, but without all the encumbrance or weight limit on you, same for the weapons.

I see your point but if you don’t want that weight and encumbrance outside of combat do you really want it in combat? Being over weight and over encumbered in combat is generally a bad situation to be in. They also have quite a steep magic cost, 375 for 90 turns is a lot when you can just make your own or make better armour instead.

I can see it having it’s uses though, I’ll be playing around with it some more to see if I can make it work

Try out the bone spear summons. It does decent damage and lasts much longer depending on how high you train it. I dont bother with holy blade or armor because the cost to duration isn’t worth it imo

I will if/when I find it.

1 Like

I love it. It’s a biomancer spell if that helps. Someone said they are working on getting the summons to work with the different MA styles which will make it very VERY nice

1 Like

I’ve only really found a handful of biomancer spells so far but they have been pretty damn useful, the cure light wounds in particular has helped a lot. I’ve found laze and taze for technomancer but for some reason I can’t cast them, it’s a shame because I was hoping they’d make a solid replacement magic missile.

1 Like

If you have pain spit as well as CLW they make an insanely powerful combo.

1 Like

You cant memorize them? Or cast them?

1 Like

Yep, that one too. I tend to use them after raiding.

I’ve got them memorised and I even leveled them a bit but they are greyed out in my spell menu and I can’t select them.

1 Like

The code says they are powered by bionics

1 Like

I didn’t realize any magic was powered by bionics

1 Like

laze and taze cost bionic power to cast.

3 Likes

@KorGgenT
Shame, I’ve banned myself from using bionics this playthrough, something to think about in a later playthrough though.

1 Like

I am looking forward to trying to balance the two

1 Like

Also, I have to say:bookstores are now a thing of terror for me. One run in with 3 Nothics was enough.

1 Like

Imagine doing a night run into town, the street is mass of zombies of various type. You’ve got 3 hunters and a feral predator dogging your heels for close to a block, magic is low and you use phase shift to teleport into the backroom of a used book store… right next to a Nothic. I managed to beat it to death but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t the closest fight I’d had that playthough and I didn’t end up camping in there for about 6hours so I could gather enough magic to heal my dying ass back to a semi healthy state.

2 Likes

What does the 1 mana focusing from the copper circlet do?
I only have 1 spell so far to test it, but it didnt change anything, no mana cost, no succes chance, no max mana

mana focusing is a crafting quality

1 Like