Lunge attack with spears and rapiers?

I vaguely remember this being in a previous version of cataclysm(if it was, ignore this), but I might be thinking of a different roguelike. What about adding a special lunge technique (like a zombie dog) for rapiers, spears, and some other piercing weapons. If you move directly towards an enemy and attack immediately after, you can do a lunge that does some extra damage or something.

Here I thought you were going to ask to [A]ctivate your held spear to attack something two squares away (@ . Z) which I like. Then I read your post. I have no idea if it’s been in the game before (some martial arts get that though but they get all the fun stuff) but I do like the idea of charging into a zombie to impale them. I’d like to see martial arts share the love and let some weapons get little abilities too.

I give you +1 non-coder support. It’s not much but its what I’ve got.

[quote=“TaintedHolyWater, post:2, topic:2138”]Here I thought you were going to ask to [A]ctivate your held spear to attack something two squares away (@ . Z) which I like. Then I read your post. I have no idea if it’s been in the game before (some martial arts get that though but they get all the fun stuff) but I do like the idea of charging into a zombie to impale them. I’d like to see martial arts share the love and let some weapons get little abilities too.

I give you +1 non-coder support. It’s not much but its what I’ve got.[/quote]

Several melee weapons have the ability to parry, and stuff like the rapier & katana have Precision/Rapid attacks.

I guess, and chains can grapple now that I think of it.