Weapon techniques?

Like the block, precise strike, rapid strike.

I found a rapier, which is great since ive been using spears so my piercing skill is very high. (dont, btw. a single skeleton could gib you)

But, how do i use these techniques listed in the weapon description?

[quote=“Maur, post:1, topic:8031”]Like the block, precise strike, rapid strike.

I found a rapier, which is great since ive been using spears so my piercing skill is very high. (dont, btw. a single skeleton could gib you)

But, how do i use these techniques listed in the weapon description?[/quote]

They’re automatically used.

Thanks. I assume the same is with martial styles? I spotted some dojos in the big city (i guess i can find books and learn martial styles from them there, right?)

Martial arts moves are automatic, too.

Although some styles have bonuses that depend on moving (or not moving), so read the descriptions carefully anyway.

Kind of on topic but at the same time not, always use a cudgel to begin with in my opinion. The combo of rapid strike and precise strike makes them great training weapons (as the description indicates) and having a few points in bludgeoning is handy for crowbaring those skele bastardos.

Cudgel will also train bashing, which at lvl 2 unlocks the quarterstaff, which is a really solid early game weapon that can bash down walls and be quickly made from cheap stuff.

You need a certain skill level for them to unlock. It’s some low number, I think lower than 5 for any technique.
Once you get that, you’ll automatically use one of the applicable techniques each time you attack. They’re rolled randomly out of the list of all that you can execute. Some of them have special requirements to be considered for attack, like wide attack requiring more than 1 zombie in front of you.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:8031”]You need a certain skill level for them to unlock. It’s some low number, I think lower than 5 for any technique.
Once you get that, you’ll automatically use one of the applicable techniques each time you attack. They’re rolled randomly out of the list of all that you can execute. Some of them have special requirements to be considered for attack, like wide attack requiring more than 1 zombie in front of you.[/quote]
I am using that rapier, and indeed i constantly see messages that i quickly strike something (i assume that is rapid strike). Or that i blocked some damage (seriously, its great. I meleed hulk and it couldnt hurt me). But i never seem to have any other message, for precise strike, the third technique.

My piercing is 11 and melee 10, so i think its not these requirements.

Do you have any unarmed skill?
Apparently precise strike has unarmed skill requirement (only 1, but still).

It should trigger on crits.