Low Tempature Minimum

Sorry if this has been discuseed before But:

There should be a realistic minimum temperature

Why? …

Because I doubt there is any place on earth that can reach freezing levels like that. Artificially yes, but there’s no more “free electricity” cataclysm DDA

Wouldn’t a minimum temperature be fairly easy to code in?

What happens is that a dimensional anomaly is sucking the heat out of the lab.

Something like Stalker/Metro2033

Edit also temperatures cant go below absolute zero, just like IRL.

I am the one behind the ice labs, and there is a realistic minimum temperature… absolute zero :smiley: If you can reach level -10, you will feel it. Maybe. It’s −459.67°F.

But in reality, I am slow making ice labs a unique thing because I don’t want to work with creating map pieces from the source. I have some content ready for them (ice rays, ice grenades, ice zombies, ice) but they should really only spawn in these labs. And maybe in the dead of winter for the enemies.

The idea also will be to have a portal to nega-hell or something. Maybe the scientists tried to reproduce the experiment from DOOM. edit: oh maybe Akira is down there too. Or whatever he ate that made him go all monster like.

[quote=“Shoes, post:3, topic:5494”]I am the one behind the ice labs, and there is a realistic minimum temperature… absolute zero :smiley: If you can reach level -10, you will feel it. Maybe. It’s −459.67°F.

But in reality, I am slow making ice labs a unique thing because I don’t want to work with creating map pieces from the source. I have some content ready for them (ice rays, ice grenades, ice zombies, ice) but they should really only spawn in these labs. And maybe in the dead of winter for the enemies.

The idea also will be to have a portal to nega-hell or something. Maybe the scientists tried to reproduce the experiment from DOOM. edit: oh maybe Akira is down there too. Or whatever he ate that made him go all monster like.[/quote]

Ohh… i got an idea! What about making their outside doors and card reader frozen, so you could only be in the labs in summer or spring.

If you get to be in the labs and it becomes winter, sorry dude.

Also, we should make some ice leave mist trails, like smoke but without making you cough. Maybe making you colder.

Doors and walls are not a serious obstacle in cataclysm.

What i am trying to say is that they could nto be opened with cards, only with explosives, triggering the turrets. If you could enter, the temperature would be double colder.

What i am trying to say is that they could nto be opened with cards, only with explosives, triggering the turrets. If you could enter, the temperature would be double colder.[/quote]

Having the reader freeze is interesting. “Double colder”, not so much. The base temperature is lower, so the labs would be colder, but not arbitrarily so. The Energy-Suck Dimension doesn’t get even less energetic because Earth’s northern hemisphere happens to be at a bad angle to its sun.

Oh… did not knew that. Well, yeah, the reader freezing could be interesting gameplay wise, and it could add more speciality to the seasons.

Also, i still suggest the mist with the ice, but i don’t know if its possible.

Even discounting the trans-dimensional nature of the cataclysm, I’m fairly sure a self-powered ultra-thermostat could have been rigged up using a fusion drive, some primitive AI and robotics systems(set to harvest ice for hydrogen fuel and run maintenance)… thus allowing it to run… essentially forever.

Deep biological storage, or large scale AI research would both benefit from a frozen lab… or some scientist might have rigged up an emergency containment zone to try and prevent an outbreak.