Losing HP for literally no apparent reason?

I have downloaded the latest experimental so unfortunately I am going to need to find a crap ton of painkillers to install some of the bionics I have found (More disappointed that it involves all bionics not just ones you find from butchering but whatever) but in the meantime of my survivor holing up and training skills so that I would have high coverage armor that actually protects you. However as I am sitting next to my fire filled brazier cooking, crafting and occasionally throwing stuff in hope of getting more strength from stats through skills when I notice that I am missing a small amount of hp from every body part except my legs. Now things to note to help figure this out, my character is usually in the warm state due to the clothing/actual armor and the fire and my random character that I am playing this run with is schizophrenic so delusions and stuff. So if anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Actually one issue could be smoke inhalation but last time I checked that would only harm the torso.

Usually losing health from all body parts at once is a sign of radiation sickness. Have you been hanging around toxic waste dumps or zombie scientists? Pisskop’s mod also makes radiation more common if you are using it.

Except that is the thing though radiation causes loss from ALL body parts what I am experiencing is ALL BUT my character’s legs which would also be receiving the damage if it was radiation but they aren’t.

Maybe because you are schizophrenic, you got hurt by something (zombie?) but didn’t notice it. What hurts everything except the legs?

Yes for some reason about the end of every other day everything but my legs are damaged. Not a huge amount and if my character didn’t have self aware I probably wouldn’t have noticed at all.

pay more attention for a day. take note of exactly what the log says the exact moment you lose 1 hp for something.

I have the same problem, even when my character is just sitting in her base doing nothing but reading, properly feed, thirst quenched, no radiation contact whatsoever (checked with Geiger counter) not artefacts, I asked this on the IRC and they suggested it might be because of low health (the hidden health stat) but I was not getting the vague messages about health (“you wake up feeling cruddy” and such) it would be good to get actual confirmation on this.
Note: the damage is tiny (1 to 2)

[quote=“DemAvalon, post:8, topic:14113”]I have the same problem, even when my character is just sitting in her base doing nothing but reading, properly feed, thirst quenched, no radiation contact whatsoever (checked with Geiger counter) not artefacts, I asked this on the IRC and they suggested it might be because of low health (the hidden health stat) but I was not getting the vague messages about health (“you wake up feeling cruddy” and such) it would be good to get actual confirmation on this.
Note: the damage is tiny (1 to 2)[/quote]
The messages I get is health values ore like either 10 or -10.

I was only guessing, (my character does not have self-aware), It is enough damage for the body parts go from ||||| to ||||\ on all body parts save the legs (some times only one of them) I should have added self-aware to my character for testing purposes… sorry.

<------------ Massive Idiot

Are you guys happen to use Stats through skills?
The Calculating of the new Stats might be the cause of a change in max HP without raising your current HP.
As I understood, all of you did either read books or crafted, which would cause skill progress and activate the script raising your attribues when you reach a new level in one of your skills.

Stats through skills (the version that come with Cataclysm) checks only when skill raises as I understand, however the damage happens even if my character does nothing but wait until tired and sleep and on the next day all body parts are healed then shortly after minor damage to all body parts (which does not show on the log)

Same except again it was everything But the legs, which is the really weird part.

[quote=“Kadian, post:11, topic:14113”]Are you guys happen to use Stats through skills?
The Calculating of the new Stats might be the cause of a change in max HP without raising your current HP.
As I understood, all of you did either read books or crafted, which would cause skill progress and activate the script raising your attribues when you reach a new level in one of your skills.[/quote]

I’ve had this happen too, and I’m thinking Kadian is on to something here, because I have spawned into the world with a new char a few times with half a tick of damage on everything but my legs as well. I also saw in a youtube video, I believe one of Rycon Roleplays’, where they started with the same damage, so I thought it was just something I didn’t understand yet.