Looting a Field Camp

Driving my security van to an unexplored town, I discover a field campsite maybe 3 tiles off the main road. I stop the van, and get out to loot.

I discover that the canp has been destroyed. Ripped tents and corpses lay strewn across scattered loot.

I look beyond a tent, and find none other than what I imagine to be the culprit.

A moose.

I initially feared for my life, but the moose seemed peaceful. He allowed me to loot the camp, allowing me to get even three spaces away from him without attacking.

As I continued to thoroughly loot the camp, I uncovered more bodies and ripped tents. The moose continued to remain non-aggresive, even as I left and returned to the van.

As I drove away towards the town, I thought about this strangely non-hostile moose. There was something poetic about it, as if the moose was allowing me to live simply so that there would be someone to appreciate the death and destruction he had caused.

The moose has been satiated. For today.

And btw, I really like the atmosphere this game has, even when your character isn’t around. Stumbling upon dead bodies, ruined encampments, pillaged stores, etc.

The moose has been pacified…with blood.

Johnathan the Moose, i know that moose. (not really.) He wears a monocle only when nobody is looking, and hates fabric tents.

Use furs. They terrify him too much to destroy.

This post has launched my sides to orbit

Did you make it or was he referencing the meme? If you made it, thats great and hilarious.

(With my/your best David Attenborough imitation)

“Moose. The stoic terror of the woodlands, it acts harmless when there is a sufficient amount of sapient witnesses around. Appearances are everything to this savage master of deception. Lone wanderers, on the other hand, need to be more careful.”

(Dramatic silence, zoom in close to the moose’s face.)
(Switch camera to David Attenborough, kneeling on one knee, whispering.)

“However, if you alone were to witness a moose, it completely disregards what you think of it. They instinctively know that lone humans are regarded as unreliable witnesses. Ancient Navajo shamans often conveyed the idea to their people that a moose’s mating call loosely means “No one’s going to believe you”. Also, recent research suggests that the moose are able to smell recording equipment.”

(Pause, David turns his head to the moose behind him, and then back to camera.)

“I best get out of here before my arse meets its sudden and unspeakable demise.”

Haha, no, I didn’t make it. But what he said reminded me of the gif.

Haha, no, I didn’t make it. But what he said reminded me of the gif.[/quote]

I forgot this gif existed. Oh boy, this is gold!

The Moose chose to spare you to spread his message… “Humanity is gone… It is our turn to rule…”

The moose helped me today. i was entering a town and had to back off due to the 20 or so zeds and what do you know mr moose decides to show up and wreck some havoc. 10 minutes later the coast was clear except for an almost dead mr moose. I’m officially petitioning for more moose.

This is why antitank weapons are best reserved for Moose.