Longest survival time

Two years or so, then the need fur suicide kicked in.

Limped around with broken legs for a season or two.

Longest survival so far: 20 days
Still alive? Yes
Version: 0.9 Stable
Settings: 20 day seasons, 5.0 zombie quantity, 5 city size, IntCap skill rust

Longest survival so far: 148 Days
Still alive? Nope.
Version: 0.9.
Settings: Int uncapped, 90 day seasons, started in autumn, round everything
Death Cause: Car accident.

Was getting pretty boring anyway. This game needs a goal to work towards.

Without a doubt. I’m at day 25 or so and finding it incredibly hard to continue. I am sincerely hoping that factions will change this. Faction wars and associated dynamics with complex and long term goals should be great for meta game. Once NPC’s are sorted, which will be a prerequisite for factions I would assume, it should help a great deal too.

I’m a big explorer while at the same time being a base-builder, so it’s hard for me to get bored. I wind up playing pretty reckless early-game, but it invariably tends to work out.

Game 1: Autumn 6, year 2
Still alive: Yes.
Version: 0.7-0.8 experimental
Settings: skill points 12, skill rust intcap, higher spawn rate and city density

This one found an early katana (which later became a Rising Sun, inscribed ‘Juliet’) and fiddled around with a walled-in garden, then varied and wacky changes made continuing slightly tedious. Lots of bizarre afflictions hit this character, like a house full of wasps being replaced by ant queens (gah), their vehicle becoming anchored in place because changes to the system abruptly had it stop functioning, mapgen quirks cropped up, and certain worldgen settings no longer being fun.

Game 2: Autumn 4, year 1
Still alive: Yes.
Version: 0.9
Settings: skill points 12, skill rust intcap, slightly reduced spawn rate

This one smashed into a pawn shop on day one and procured a broadsword, later the firebrand ‘Tyrfing’. It seems I can’t help but find a decent zombie-slayer early on. Before I took a break, this one had found a medical mutagen book and finished walling in one of a cathedral’s side-yards to be used for growing stuff. The experimental builds have been a little less stable than I’d like, and I’m waiting on some of the wonky things to get worked out before considering further exploration, building a generator, and remodeling the cathedral interior.

[quote=“Lainge, post:20, topic:4135”]Longest survival so far: Can’t remember but most recent, Spring 8, Year 2
Still alive? Technically yes?
Version: 0.9 "Stable"
Settings: Dynamic Spawn, City size 8

Increased my strength, dex and int by 4 points each in the early game thanks to a special something, managed to install pretty much every CBM and had full night vision. Luckiest + best character to date… but the city size thing was overwhelming me, I couldn’t not be in cities. As soon as I left one, bam right back into a city. It was hell.
That plus even a tiny nudge on anything (not counting mobs) with my armoured truck absolutely destroyed the frame/reinforced windows.
And then the final nail in the coffin, I got to about 170mbs of map data and now no matter what I do it crashes if I try to escape a certain area and sometimes not even loading before crashing.
So no, he’s not dead.
But it’s as good as.
I don’t really feel like playing anymore knowing that if that map size gets too big it’ll just crash repeatedly.[/quote]that’s why i’ve been asking the devs to add an optional world size limit, so that those of us who don’t have computers with terabytes of storage will be able to “finish” the game at some point without crashing. also, a world size limit option would help pave the road for custom maps…

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:26, topic:4135”][quote=“Lainge, post:20, topic:4135”]Longest survival so far: Can’t remember but most recent, Spring 8, Year 2

Increased my strength, dex and int by 4 points each in the early game thanks to a special something, managed to install pretty much every CBM and had full night vision. Luckiest + best character to date… but the city size thing was overwhelming me, I couldn’t not be in cities. As soon as I left one, bam right back into a city. It was hell.
That plus even a tiny nudge on anything (not counting mobs) with my armoured truck absolutely destroyed the frame/reinforced windows.
And then the final nail in the coffin, I got to about 170mbs of map data and now no matter what I do it crashes if I try to escape a certain area and sometimes not even loading before crashing.
So no, he’s not dead.
But it’s as good as.
I don’t really feel like playing anymore knowing that if that map size gets too big it’ll just crash repeatedly.[/quote]that’s why i’ve been asking the devs to add an optional world size limit, so that those of us who don’t have computers with terabytes of storage will be able to “finish” the game at some point without crashing. also, a world size limit option would help pave the road for custom maps…[/quote]
Just play in a limited area?

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:27, topic:4135”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:26, topic:4135”][quote=“Lainge, post:20, topic:4135”]Longest survival so far: Can’t remember but most recent, Spring 8, Year 2

So no, he’s not dead.
But it’s as good as.
I don’t really feel like playing anymore knowing that if that map size gets too big it’ll just crash repeatedly.[/quote]that’s why i’ve been asking the devs to add an optional world size limit, so that those of us who don’t have computers with terabytes of storage will be able to “finish” the game at some point without crashing. also, a world size limit option would help pave the road for custom maps…[/quote]
Just play in a limited area?[/quote]can’t, have to keep exploring until the game gets too big and crashes. besides, if it’s completely optional what does it matter, just turn it off.