Logception

After felling a tree, splitting the resultant log only results in more logs. There’s no means to craft them down into sticks or two by fours for construction.

You’re supposed to be able to cut them into planks with wood saws and wood axes.

Are you saying you can split a log into more logs indefinitely?
How it’s supposed to work is:
tree -> chop down -> log (terrain)
log (terrain) -> cut up -> log (item)
log (item) -> saw ('a’pply a saw or axe) -> 2x4s

We likely need notes somewhere to make this process clear.

My bad, working as intended then.

Seems counter-intuitive to have two items named the same thing, though, and what got me hung up on trying to split those logs.

Maybe call the felled tree “lumber” or something?

Also using some items in the construction menu to build things vs. applying some items in the item menu to build things is also kinda wonky. Just a thought.

Blame Whales, he wrote the tree felling stuff :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, I’ll clarify the process a bit and rename some stuff to make it a bit less weird looking.

can call t_log “tree trunk”, I think that’s make that part clearer.

Then possibly add a note to the description of itm_log along the lines of “Can be cut inro 2x4s with a wood saw or wood axe.”. Also the description lies, says it’s useful to build things with, but there’s nothing you can build out of logs :smiley:

Which reminds me add palisades to TODO list, that slipped through the cracks somehow.

Pit + itm_log (several logs?) + use a shovel = pallisade section

I had palisades and palisade gates way back, and the description is because I’m a lazy bastard and copypasted the entire log thing from a previous version of Myriad Mod, where it was used in place of planks in most constructions. But yeah, I’ll just be explicit with the instructions ‘(a)pply an axe or wood saw in order to cut this into 2x4s’

I won’t be putting the whole calculation in though :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now you get rng(1, 3) + Construction Skill planks, up to 12. If you get less than 12 planks, you get one scrap wood for each failed plank. (I really hate it in games when materials just vanish into the aether)

So 2 logs makes a palisade and a palisade is a neigh impossible to climb fence and no see through fence.

• time, but yea that’s the idea. Also Hulks will be able to do their “OH YEAH!” routine.

Officially request that Hulks get a chance to trigger a chatline of this on fully smashing a wall!

Officially request that Hulks get a chance to trigger a chatline of this on fully smashing a wall![/quote]

seconding

[quote=“gtaguy, post:7, topic:157”]So 2 logs makes a palisade and a palisade is a neigh impossible to climb fence and no see through fence.[/quote]Regular zombies would eventually be able to break it down, and it’d be see through so ranged zombies would still be a threat.

Officially request that Hulks get a chance to trigger a chatline of this on fully smashing a wall![/quote]

seconding[/quote]

Wow, that’s not the FIRST* thing everyone else thought of the first time they saw a hulk come through a wall?

It’s crossed my mind to make a “silly” option that’s off by default that would enable stuff like this. Likely it’d mostly be various monsters and NPCs saying weird crap like this.

*Right before “oshiti’mgonnadie”

Since the second thing that usually passes through my mind after the ‘oshi…’ line, is a hulk’s fist, (jk lol) yea, the ‘Oh Yea!’ line never crossed my mind before you pointed it out.

seconding[/quote]

Wow, that’s not the FIRST* thing everyone else thought of the first time they saw a hulk come through a wall?

It’s crossed my mind to make a “silly” option that’s off by default that would enable stuff like this. Likely it’d mostly be various monsters and NPCs saying weird crap like this.

*Right before “oshiti’mgonnadie”[/quote]

I think that’d be a great idea, kinda like having a luck 1/10 character in the old Fallouts.

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES