LMOE Shelters probably shouldn't appear on your map

Considering they’re supposed to be secret and all.

Actually, that’s a good idea! They should be like the cabins in the woods.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:1, topic:7833”]Considering they’re supposed to be secret and all.[/quote]Yeah, they should only be revealed by survivor maps. And maybe add a bandit map to reveal bandit hideouts.

Hmm. We were thinking of having 'em have radio beacons, so I’m thinking they might be less secret than perceived?

I still think they should be one of those “woah, I found this!” of the game

You mean at all? Like they should show up on your map as a chunk of forest?

Or field. But yeah like an air drop location or a group of bodies, if you want to remember where it is you should note it on your map.

Deadmerits got my idea right.

I just mention it because I’ve been watching a lot of prepper/bunker shows like that and they all have one thing in common: Not one of them goes to the local map person and goes “MY SECRET SURVIVAL BUNKER IS LOCATED HERE.”

I mean /maybe/ give the player the location of a few near them if they start as some kind of bunker-builder profession.

I would be a single chunk of forest in the middle of a field. Experienced survivors would know what it was, but new survivors would go check it out and find the shelter.

Personally, I have never even found a LMOE shelter just by wandering the map. Then again, I am usually not much of an explorer.

Still, making LMOE-Shelters non-displayed on the map (without any other way of finding it), is virtually the same as removing them for all scenarios that don’t start there, imho.
Seriously, no one will put so much tedium into discovering a shelter that might be stuffed with useful stuff, but still is miles away from anything meaningful.

So, I’d support the removal from the map, as long as there is a semi-rare way of reliably locating LMOE-Shelters, be it radio, survivor maps, NPC-quests, etc.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:11, topic:7833”]Personally, I have never even found a LMOE shelter just by wandering the map. Then again, I am usually not much of an explorer.

Still, making LMOE-Shelters non-displayed on the map (without any other way of finding it), is virtually the same as removing them for all scenarios that don’t start there, imho.
Seriously, no one will put so much tedium into discovering a shelter that might be stuffed with useful stuff, but still is miles away from anything meaningful.

So, I’d support the removal from the map, as long as there is a semi-rare way of reliably locating LMOE-Shelters, be it radio, survivor maps, NPC-quests, etc.[/quote]

I’ve never found a LMOE shelter more than three forest tiles deep, or a hidden forest cabin. I occasionally find the hidden cabins, which are nice. But LMOEs are a bit more valuable.

When you get close, mark it on the map. Fairly simple; I like it.

Agreed.

What does “close” mean in this context?

Getting within 3 tiles, 5 or 7?

While I don’t know how the mapgen code works, it’d be cool if any spawned LMOE shelter would pick an existing basement/house tile within x map tiles or even in the same big ‘world-tile’ to pair up with. This pairet tile would always spawn a map that when used revealed the location of the shelter. It would be neat as an addition since it’s something different from the normal basements that are either cannabis plantations or stockpiles of various descriptions. Plus, it’d give players a task in an organic sense. Now they have to trek to that LMOE shelter over that bridge by the anthill or whatever might be in the way.

I have no idea if this is feasible, but it’d be cool.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:15, topic:7833”]What does “close” mean in this context?

Getting within 3 tiles, 5 or 7?[/quote]

Two map tiles sound about right…

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:17, topic:7833”][quote=“Snaaty, post:15, topic:7833”]What does “close” mean in this context?

Getting within 3 tiles, 5 or 7?[/quote]

Two map tiles sound about right…[/quote]I’m thinking closer to 5.

Well LMOE shelters were made to be hard to spot from a distance and most-likely the air. Two still sounds nice.

If you’re looking for one on purpose, you going to take a while with 2 tiles.