Sheltered Survivor (Can't Find Shelter)

I started as a sheltered survivor, but when it generated the map it gave me a message that it couldn’t find a shelter and it dumped me out in a field. There is an LMOE within view on the map, so why am I not there?

How big is your city size?

It does that sometimes for some reason. Having to get to your shelter at start seems like more of a fun challenge so I don’t mind.

If you don’t mind debugging, fire up the debug menu and hit “reveal map”. It’s possible that the LMOE you see is on the next overmap…over so whilst you know it’s there, chargen was limited to the one overmap and did not have a shelter for you.

(So if you reveal the map and the LMOE is in a little pocket off of the large map you reveal, this is the case. Otherwise, yeah, Bug.)

[quote=“KA101, post:4, topic:7717”]If you don’t mind debugging, fire up the debug menu and hit “reveal map”. It’s possible that the LMOE you see is on the next overmap…over so whilst you know it’s there, chargen was limited to the one overmap and did not have a shelter for you.

(So if you reveal the map and the LMOE is in a little pocket off of the large map you reveal, this is the case. Otherwise, yeah, Bug.)[/quote]

I’ve done this a few times actually, and it’s always been the case that it’s in a separate overmap.