Lights, and shields

Its just an idea, but maby there could be a power plant for every town and if you can turn it on then you can turn on lights within the buildings in that area, rather then haveing to use a flashlight you could just turn on the lights; and for some other buildings there could be a generator (Mansion Ect.) that you could turn on which in turn allows you uses the lighs (lightbulbs) in the house,

The other idea was shields, there could be a node that you place down and it imites a bubble shield (blocked by walls) which is impasable to everything but does have a strengthso if theres a large exsplosion or something really strong hits it to much it could fail (its would be suseptable to overloads from shock zombies after a few shots) and along with the generator idea you could link it us with copper wire to the generator for a power supply, it would come with a on bored battary that can last about a day and the battry can be recharged, (also you would be able to change the size of the bubble; in turn effecting the power useage its max range could be … enought to fit a hole mansion in with a little space to move outside) I think this would be cool because it would be very rear and hard to sustain but if you have bunkerd down somwhere it could help you defend and survive in that area and the power supply would cause enough trouble to stop it being over powerd IMO with the generator needing petrol (Gas) to run

Just an idea :slight_smile:

what’s the point of huge ass shield , there are no hordes or wandering zombies anyway.

We can get a broadsword and club things, I want an off-hand shield. Both hands should be available for assigning keys and things. Using both hands is the carry command unless it’s one-handed (the thing which reduces volume to 0), which coincides with the fusion blaster cbm, and would make it easier to notice two-handed items vs single-hander, for the sake of broken arms. Could have a key to swap one-handed vs two-handed, for melee two-handed increases accuracy and damage but can’t shield or carry and guns it horribly reduces accuracy and increases recoil, but if the enemies are encroaching like in a 5x5 or 3x3 like triffids, let the bullets fly.

Shield could be made of at least would and metal, and maybe can be used to block attacks on limbs, using the dodge skill.

A quick workaround:
Wear shields to wield them, they add a new block skill for removing damage. However you can’t dodge if you fail to block.

Another mechanic could be whether or not you fail to block, the success of the block can transmit the damage, but only in blunt form, and has a chance to damage your shield based on how much damage it transmits.

I think that Kevin said something in terms of having two hands, some time ago… I always wanted to John Woo around with akimbo pistols, hehe.

I want to be able to dual-wield sawed-off shotguns.

inb4 Duel wielding shit fight.

If we’re gonna have that fight, I’d like to take this moment to remind everyone that there are tophats and monocles, power armor, and lazer-cannon arm augmentations in this game. I don’t think rule of cool is gonna hurt. Although, a minor penalty for to-hit wouldn’t hurt, as long as it wasn’t to debuffy.

If we’re gonna have that fight, I’d like to take this moment to remind everyone that there are tophats and monocles, power armor, and lazer-cannon arm augmentations in this game. I don’t think rule of cool is gonna hurt. Although, a minor penalty for to-hit wouldn’t hurt, as long as it wasn’t to debuffy.[/quote]

I never wear my tophat and monocle unless I am also wearing my full-body wolf suit. Look for it, it’s there.

I wear my Top hat and monocle wherever i go.

It might not be the best armor for protection , but it gets the job done.