Light Step: Mutable?

Was going through the 28Jun mutationdata.cpp and if I read it right, Light Step is part of the Bird category, but apparently not a valid mutation of itself. (So you’d either take it at chargen, at which point it does nothing for your mutation categories, or you’d never have it at all.)

Confirm/deny, anyone?

Thanks.

My quick look through seems to confirm that.

In addition, the Quick trait seems to be the same, it’s in the bird, insect and troglodyte categories, but can’t be mutated naturally.

[quote=“Tamunshin, post:2, topic:2301”]My quick look through seems to confirm that.

In addition, the Quick trait seems to be the same, it’s in the bird, insect and troglodyte categories, but can’t be mutated naturally.[/quote]

Then, maybe not: I’m confident that I’ve mutated Quick (extra fun when it turns up alongside Ponderous) before. My characters take Light Step at chargen. Might have to resort to the debug menu…

Light step and Quick can be aquired by mutation. Tested and approuved from 7.1, 7.0, 6 and some night build between.

Instead of looking in the file, just allow debug mod and give you some mutation potion :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:4, topic:2301”]Light step and Quick can be aquired by mutation. Tested and approuved from 7.1, 7.0, 6 and some night build between.

Instead of looking in the file, just allow debug mod and give you some mutation potion :p[/quote]

Good to know. My current character (28Jun) is capable of reliably making any mutagen/purifier you’d like. Was in the files because the new category-enforcement seemed interesting enough to warrant compiling statistics on categories/mutations.

Well i didn’t understand at all the second sentence but no problem.

Ka’lol has Cooking 11. Therefore: if he has access to the tools and ingredients, he can make any mutagen or purifier in the game.

Sorry for my bad english, but for me :

Was counting in my head 2 sentence. I just don’t get the meaning of the last underligned sentence (here, no mistake now about what i want to say).

Not very important tougth, don’t spend too much time trying to get me understand something :stuck_out_tongue:

Oragepoilu, are you certain that you mutated these traits with regular mutagen, and not category mutagen? I did some pretty extensive testing and failed to mutate either of these using plain mutagen a single time. Although using the category mutagen seems to allow them.

I didn’t test with normal mutagen in 7.x but i know iv already, in a night build, get light step with a random one (was my first drink also, kinda usefull to avoid mass Z in early game). Thus, when you pick a normal potion, your mute toward a style, so if you don’t mute toward one of the 3 that allow this mutation it’s likely you won’t get it. but i think you already know that.

This has been fixed in the nightlies. Thank you for reporting it.